“Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Redwood City
San Mateo, California, United States
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I recently sold my home in San Mateo, California and I am having a home built in Oakley, California. It will not be ready until November so I am back and forth from Oakley back to San Mateo for business about every other week.. I found the Good Nite In by mistake when I was looking for a place to stay one night. Needles to say I hit the jackpot. You cant beat the price and the rooms are clean and the service is great. There is a pool which for me is super great as I work out in the water every day. The place is clean, safe ;and you cant beat the price. I would recommend it to anyone. I would not stay anywhere else.

Diane Alvarado

Room Tip: I like the 2n d floor which overlooks the pool area
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Never again. By staying here all it did was ruin my trip. I had noticed that my pills went "missing" all of a sudden and when I went to ask to speak to the manager all I got was pure attitude and was even told maybe you lost them.....are you serious????.... so to the cleaning lady that took my medication I want to thank you and I hope you got your drug fix or at least some decent money selling them because all that did was ruin the rest of my trip because I needed my pills to get through the day. That was only the beginning. I found cockroaches in the bathroom. The room was half assed cleaned. The bags of garbage that were left from my shopping were never picked up from day one that I stayed there. The bed was made so terribly that my child could have done it better. The towels that were provided were barely enough for me never mind for the other person I was with. Yeah yeah I know I am going to get your typical management reply we are sorry for the inconvenience blah blah....This is a lesson learned on my part to listen to my friends who live in Cali

Room Tip: Pick another place to stay.
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Unmatched warmth and hospitality. Wass is an outstanding manager and very knowledgable. Redwood CIty is a safe and fun place and just minutes from the trains to San Francisco and SFO.(::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a very enjoyable experience at the Good Nite 2 days prior to this current stay. This stay however did not meet expectations. First room provided on this stay smelled of smoke and was musty. After complaining, 2nd room provided was not any better. Our previous night's stay was in a newer section, so avoid the older section.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GoodNiteInn, Manager at Good Nite Inn - Redwood City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

St Davids Peninsula, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Terrible stay, found hairs and bugs in room. Needs to be refurbished, and rooms smelt of smoke. Staff were lazy, and unfriendly. Doesn't serve any food, or has any vending machines. If you are staying with a family then don't go there. Has a small IHop restaurant nearby. Overall thought about stay 'disgusting'

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Good Nite Inn Redwood City.
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Poor standard of hygiene in the bathroom and musty smell throughout. Staff fairly unfriendly at the check in and not very helpful. Wifi was extra. Room was adequate in that it had two beds which is what we required as travelling with our twelve year old. IHOP next door was useful as a close by restaurant. Even though we just used this as an overnight after flying in, I wouldn't use it again.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere different!
Dear Guest,

We are sorry that your experience did not meet the expectations.

At Good Nite Inn, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please be rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrences.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In July 2014, we decided to leave the US for good and return to Europe; we put our house on the market and found the owner and their team extremely helpful. We donated one of our cars, but the pickup was delayed so that it overlapped with a weekend camping trip. We left the car title and keys with the staff, and left the car in front of the hotel, and they took care of everything. We stayed twice, once in #240 (no fridge!) and then in #238; both look towards the pool and there is only very little traffic noise. Lots of friends visited us there for our final goodbyes and the kids had a great time at the pool. If we ever return, we'll stay there. I compared before I booked, and I found other places that had NO pool and were more expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that look towards the pool for almost no traffic noise; #240 has 100% privacy as a tre...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GoodNiteInn, Manager at Good Nite Inn - Redwood City, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. Our staff loved the comments !
It was a pleasure having you here.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Wish you all the good luck back home.

Management.

Been to Good Nite Inn - Redwood City? Share your experiences!