The room is good sized with a comfortable bed and linens. The staff was very friendly. We needed help because we had two reservations: one for the first night and one for the following two nights. The clerk worked very hard to find us a king bed in a quiet location so we didn't have to move. We really appreciated that.
The breakfast is typical Holiday Inn Express. The coffee was better than I expected. The hot items are so-so. Still, it's included in the price so you can get off on your day with breakfast out of the way.
There is a laundry on each floor which we didn't need but is helpful for those who do need it.
Lights were great. We're big readers. Free wi-fi is also good.
The con is getting there when you are driving north on El Camino Real. This road is busy during the day with no U-turns. The stop light just before the hotel gets you across the street but you still have to go down the street, turn on a residential street and circle back to El Camino Real to make a right so you can pull in. If you are driving south on El Camino Real, watch carefully the first time and you will have no problem.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Redwood City
- Holiday Inn Redwood City
- Redwood City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Redwood City/Menlo Park, California! We are located on the south side of Redwood City on El Camino Real (CA 82), within minutes of the quaint town of Atherton, Menlo Park, and the Stanford University. Our accommodations are perfect for business and leisure travelers, equipped with complimentary high-speed Internet access, two line telephones with voice mail, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator, hairdryer, lighted make-up mirrors, iron and board. We also feature televisions equipped with 70 channels, HBO, DVD/VCR players. All king rooms come with a sofa sleeper. At the end of the day, enjoy an invigorating workout in our fitness center and relax in our Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. In the morning you will wake up to an inviting Express Start complimentary hot breakfast at the breakfast bar, featuring our famous cinnamon rolls and SMART Roast Coffee. Our friendly staff is ready to welcome you and make you feel right at home. Discover all that downtown Redwood City, Menlo Park, Atherton and Palo Alto have to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Express Redwood City. We are close to the Stanford University and Hospital, Kaiser Permanente Hospital and the Sequoia Hospital. We are strategically accessible to the Silicon Valley. We are also close to the corporate offices/buildings of Hewlett Packard, Yahoo, Microsoft, OmniCell, Google, Verisign, Synopsis, Verisign, NASA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.