“A Hidden Gem in the Bay Area” 5 of 5 stars

Sofitel San Francisco Bay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   223 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA 94065   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save 20%!
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Malibu, California
“A Hidden Gem in the Bay Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Sofitel San Francisco Bay is a hidden gem in the Bay Area. Elegant and comfortable rooms with a decidedly French touch to every aspect. Centrally located whether heading to Palo Alto, the City (San Francisco) or traveling to the East Bay. Rooms are well appointed and well thought out for the business traveler and holiday traveler alike. Staff is friendly, professional, and helpful! The "Market" shop just off the lobby has the best café mochas and mini-pastries. Breakfast package with the room is a great deal! Highly recommend the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. Our first choice from now on! The French touches are lovely and not pretentious in any way. Parking is reasonable and easy. Bay Views are lovely. Merci beaucoup!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
John H, General Manager at Sofitel San Francisco Bay, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Bonjour!

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about us. I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Our staff at Sofitel are committed to providing professionalism along with a dedication to excellent service.

I too enjoy the café Mocha’s in the Market.

Thank you for making us your 1st choice in the Bay Area!

Sofitel SF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
Golden, Colorado, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Sofitel always provides exceptional service - it is an absolute pleasure to stay here. Beds are very comfortable. I've stayed here many times over the last ten years and the Sofitel delivers everytime.

Bonjour!

Thank you for stopping by and writing a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your accomodations so much. As a repeat customer, we value your continued loyalty to Sofitel San Francisco. Thank you so much for choosing us again and again.

We hope to see you again soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business travel and have found the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff to be the best I have ever experienced. The hotel is just 10 minutes south of the San Francisco airport and a good choice if you want to be near the airport or if you have business in the nearby area. Many of the rooms face a very picturesque lagoon. The suites are very spacious and all of the hotel's beds are extremely comfortable. The staff always go the extra mile and warmly greet me when I visit.

Room Tip: All of the suites are spacious and quiet and any of the rooms facing the lagoon have a great view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour!

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a glowing review. We are very proud to have provided you with the best service you have experienced. We are always committed to bringing the utmost quality of service to our guests. Reviews such as yours keep us motivated and excited about attending to any of our guests' needs.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Yours Truly,

Van Nuys, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Whenever I have to travel to Redwood City for work, Sofitel is my favorite hotel. The rooms are spotless, the services is great and the bed is THE BEST. But during my recent trip, the staff went above and beyond good service. Unfortunately I started experiencing tremendous abdominal pain that evening. The staff (I wish I had names!) was extremely helpful and offered 911 but I requested a cab. A cab immediately came to take me to the ER. Several hours later, I called back and explained that I may be admitted and asked them to pack my belongings and I would send a friend for my things. Over the next several hours, the situation changed and I was now being released. When I arrived back at the hotel, I asked for a later check out time so that I could rest until it was time to leave for my flight back home. Later they helped me to get a cab who took me to the pharmacy then to the airport. Everyone was extremely accommodating and helpful. I am so grateful for everyone's help while at Sofitel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
John H, General Manager at Sofitel San Francisco Bay, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Bonjour,

I am very glad we were able to help you in such adverse circumstances. I am also glad that you were able to be released quickly and that it wasn’t something more serious.

Our staff is fully committed to helping our guests no matter what situation may arise. I will ask around to find out who assisted you so I may personally thank them.

Sofitel San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This bay area hotel has been a bit long-in-the-tooth in the past. However I discovered on a recent stay that they have been updating the rooms. lobby and restaurant. Given the proximity to the airport and local tech companies and the consistently good service, I will definitely pick Sofitel on my next stay in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for newly updated rooms.
Bonjour!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves in being one of the top hotels for local and visiting business people. With many tech companies right next door and easy access to those which are farther away, our guests are always satisfied with their commute.

We are constantly improving our hotel in many different ways. Tell us about the new things you enjoyed during your next stay at Sofitel!

Sofitel San Francisco

Been to Sofitel San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!