The most positive aspect of our stay was the excellent and friendly service. If you requested something someone always called back and made sure your needs were met. The restaurant was also very good, although with a limited menu. Service in the restaurant was excellent.
The less positive aspects including room lighting, which was too dim to allow us to easily read with our aging eyes. We also discovered that we were on the "pet floor". Apparently you need to inquire about whether your room previously housed a dog. We saw people checking in with dogs. Now I like dogs as much as the next person, but I would prefer to have a room previously occupied only by humans. People with allegries should be aware of this.
There was a disquieting sign in the room informing us that the water may go off unexpectedly during the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM. It didn't happen, but it gives you pause when you are in the middle of your shower. There was some noise in the mornings from the renovation. We had a room where there was a doorway into the adjacent room. The sound isolation from our noisy neighbors was practically non-existant. I would recommend you definitely ask the front desk for a room absent this feature. Finally, during our stay there were numerous unruly children running about. I know the hotel has limited control over this but it would definitely influence my decision to stay in the future.
This was our first stay at a Sofitel Hotel and I regret I cannot give it a higher rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sofitel San Francisco Bay, an exclusive 'corporate resort' reputed for its refinement, considerate service and attention to detail. Whether you are visiting for pleasure or in town for business, you will savor this truly unique experience, a total immersion in comfort! Enjoy the superbly appointed accommodations in tranquil surroundings fanned by gentle breezes... Ideally situated between San Francisco and San José, this luxurious establishment is only minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel San Francisco Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Redwood City
- Redwood City Sofitel