Excellent hotel, located near the 101 in Redwood City, 20min drive south of San Francisco Airport.
The bar area is awesome and even the gym area seems very well organised with five or six treadmill units. I have not used the pool outside as the weather was on the fresh side.
The room is large and spacious with a desk, sofa, flat tv and a good coffee machine with capsules. Water is complimentary and you would get two new bottles everyday. Thank you!
The hotel is plenty of big and small rooms which we have used extensively during the conference and we nicely fit 130 people with great comfort.
On the negative side, space to organize clothes is not really enough, there are few hangers but no shelves and no big convenient drawers. There is no safe either.
The blanket/duvet was extremely hot and I used to get up fully sweat in the morning.
Fitted carpet on the floor was properly clean but gave a feeling of old due to its worn out colour. Same for the toilet, the wooden on the lower side of the door and near the basin was worn out due to water spills and few tiles on the floor had some damages from dropping objects.
For a four star hotel and even more for a Sofitel brand, these negative aspects are really too much and would be justified more in a three star hotel.
The rest is top class and I would recommend this hotel anyway!
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel
- Sofitel Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Redwood City
- Redwood City Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sofitel San Francisco Bay, an exclusive 'corporate resort' reputed for its refinement, considerate service and attention to detail. Whether you are visiting for pleasure or in town for business, you will savor this truly unique experience, a total immersion in comfort! Enjoy the superbly appointed accommodations in tranquil surroundings fanned by gentle breezes... Ideally situated between San Francisco and San José, this luxurious establishment is only minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Olotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Priceline, Amex and EasyToBook so you can book your Sofitel San Francisco Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.