We stayed here for a nearby family event. The carpeting in the room was dirty, stained and buckled. The furniture was old and worn, the paint and the wood peeling. I don't like the lack of a top sheet. Most disappointing was the noise when people in adjoining rooms used their plumbing. It sounded like a fog horn and was extremely annoying. I'm also accustomed to more updated amenities, like IPod docks and more outlets. The lobby was nice, except that the way the bar was arranged it was impossible to find seating when it was crowded. The staff was friendly, the parking was free, which was nice, and the fitness center was good for a hotel. It is very far from a luxury property. Finally, and this is true of all "upscale" hotels, I really resent having to pay for internet access. With other options in the area, I would not choose this hotel again unless they invested in a major overhaul and modernization.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sofitel San Francisco Bay, an exclusive 'corporate resort' reputed for its refinement, considerate service and attention to detail. Whether you are visiting for pleasure or in town for business, you will savor this truly unique experience, a total immersion in comfort! Enjoy the superbly appointed accommodations in tranquil surroundings fanned by gentle breezes... Ideally situated between San Francisco and San José, this luxurious establishment is only minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel San Francisco Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Redwood City
- Redwood City Sofitel