SECRETS to Portofino...Super simple drive there, valeted our car and immediately jumped on the free beach cruisers, 5 minute ride along the harbor to the fresh live fish markets, select live dungenous crab oyster's shrimp and fish and they cook em right there , fun. watched fishermen on the pier, had a fresh churro. back to hotel for a Jacuzzi dip. back to room, oceanfront doors wide open cool breeze kissing my feet, took a short nap, ahhhhhh. around the corner is a fresh ahi takeout " Just Poke" now on our balcony Poke triscuits n wine , absorbing the warm sun twinkling off the ocean, gondolas rowing by we toasted the bride . The valets get your car in a snap, We start our dinner experience at Kincads on the pier happyhour 7 days a week, get the sampler platter, coconut shrimp crab dip filet steaks, then we go to BLUE WATER GRILL just around the corner, KILLER salt n pepper shrimp in a super yum sauce only $10 for tons of big shrimp, wow what a deal, also seasoned Edamame and a cup lobster bisque for dipping bread ( our little secret) . we end up back at the pier for live music and dessert :) then hangout in the hotel lobby in front of cozy fireplace talking to people from around the world. slept like babys with the oceanfront doors open all nite, listening to the natural sounds of the ocean and harbor, some seals far away and the occasional seagulls, feels like Im sailing on a $100 million yacht :) . Our room was super clean and fun nautical theme. most of the hotel was updated, the elevator was classic, it has its own quirks which makes you feel like wow, I wonder what famous people have ridden in this :) . so we had breakfast on our balcony , watching allllllll the seals chasing fish, paddleboarders, sailboats, very intertaining. on the property is Rocky Point rentals, we kayaked around and imagined what yachts we would buy :) went to the pier again for lunch, garlic shimp Hawaiian style, raspberry smoothies and just layed on the beach like moviestars :) overall, our stay was SUPER affordable , like weirdly affordable, we had allll the delicacies of the world at our fingertips, fun people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe in the sea and all that Redondo Beach offers. Offer guests an authentic SoCal lifestyle experience in a casual nautical-chic environment, allowing them to relax and let loose, embracing their “endless summer”, endlessly. Welcome to The Portofino Hotel & Marina in Redondo Beach at King Harbor, a haven for business and leisure travelers alike. The Portofino boasts breathtaking scenes from sunsets and sailboats to dolphins and pelicans and is framed in the floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies within this beautiful Redondo Beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Portofino Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel And Yacht
- Portofino Inn Redondo Beach
- Portofino Redondo Beach