I stayed at the hotel in late May 2013. Unfortunately, I got a room facing the Marina - which has some sort of refinery that is shrouded in not tall enough fencing. If you are staying here push for an ocean view room; it will be a much better experience. The hotel appears to have been relatively recently refurbished; nice job on the lobby and lounge and an okay to poor job on the rooms.
I had lunch at the restaurant across the turning circle - it was expensive and very average - prawn pasta dish that was $26!
The staff were all friendly and accommodating.
My biggest gripe was the internet charge $12 / day / device.
I wanted to rate this place an average - but I am afraid for 2 nights $763 (not including food) it is wildly overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe in the sea and all that Redondo Beach offers. Offer guests an authentic SoCal lifestyle experience in a casual nautical-chic environment, allowing them to relax and let loose, embracing their “endless summer”, endlessly. Welcome to The Portofino Hotel & Marina in Redondo Beach at King Harbor, a haven for business and leisure travelers alike. The Portofino boasts breathtaking scenes from sunsets and sailboats to dolphins and pelicans and is framed in the floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies within this beautiful Redondo Beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, T4B, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Portofino Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel And Yacht
- Portofino Inn Redondo Beach
- Portofino Redondo Beach