First the pros: great location, good value, and a front desk manager who cares.
Recently I stayed for 4 nights on Priceline/Hotwire bids, and asked for and received early check-in, a room on the 3rd floor, and was able to get an ocean view for a nominal fee.
The location on the harbor was perfect, other reviewers complain about the seals' noise but one is after all by the ocean - personally I found the setting overall very relaxing and convenient.
Value was good given what I paid vs. the rack rates.
I have to give a compliment to Sebastian (front desk manager), who remedied a service issue by comping lunch and offering a free movie. He demonstrated great customer service and is a valuable asset to the hotel and its customers.
On the minus side, rooms with connecting doors have thin walls and one can easily hear conversations in the other room, so I would recommend getting a non-adjoining room.
Also, overall service was very uneven - one morning I did not get the wake-up call that I requested, and was not told about cable TV maintenance that was scheduled, so TV reception was suddenly interrupted for an hour without warning (also accompanied by intermittent thumping on the roof). I was told by a flyer under my door that there would be an interruption in water service one day but when I called the front desk, I was told not to worry about it. So I was told about planned maintenance that didn't happen and was not told about planned maintenance that did happen. Housekeeping knocked on my door a few times even though I had the "Do not disturb" sign on the door. Finally, while my lunch was comped, the food quality was middling (don't order the fries unless you like grease).
In sum - ok, YMMV.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel And Yacht
- Portofino Inn Redondo Beach
- Portofino Redondo Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe in the sea and all that Redondo Beach offers. Offer guests an authentic SoCal lifestyle experience in a casual nautical-chic environment, allowing them to relax and let loose, embracing their “endless summer”, endlessly. Welcome to The Portofino Hotel & Marina in Redondo Beach at King Harbor, a haven for business and leisure travelers alike. The Portofino boasts breathtaking scenes from sunsets and sailboats to dolphins and pelicans and is framed in the floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies within this beautiful Redondo Beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Hotwire, Venere, EasyToBook, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your The Portofino Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.