We recently needed to get away, although we live in LA, and we came across this charming hotel! We read the other reviews and have to say, we found that many were just not true. Sure, every hotel is going to charge for things like parking, internet, mini bar (unless you are staying at a limited service), which this certainly is not! The location is directly on the water and the charm of the lobby and friendly service really make you feel like you got away without feeling out of place! The decor is nautical yet chic and they carried that right into the guest rooms!
They offer the complimentary beach cruisers and we rode all the way to Marina Del Rey! After the excercise, we were excited to find their restaurant, Baleen, had a happy hour and live music! The great thing was that we were able to have a comfortable and casual meal for breakfast downstairs along the marina, and then it seems like the upstairs is a whole different restaurant, as there are these great lamps that have rotating pictures, a very cool atmosphere and totally different than the day! While some say it's too expensive, most restaurants on resort grounds are a bit more, but this is worth it!
While there are several hotels along the beaches in the LA area, I have to say, what you pay at large resorts, this charming and smaller hotel has everything you need and worth the value. The only thing I would say, is that I wish their pool was updated and they had a spa! Otherwise, I definitely recommend this hotel for any type of stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe in the sea and all that Redondo Beach offers. Offer guests an authentic SoCal lifestyle experience in a casual nautical-chic environment, allowing them to relax and let loose, embracing their “endless summer”, endlessly. Welcome to The Portofino Hotel & Marina in Redondo Beach at King Harbor, a haven for business and leisure travelers alike. The Portofino boasts breathtaking scenes from sunsets and sailboats to dolphins and pelicans and is framed in the floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies within this beautiful Redondo Beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Portofino Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel And Yacht
- Portofino Inn Redondo Beach
- Portofino Redondo Beach