“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Redondo Beach Hotel

You added The Redondo Beach Hotel to your Saves list
The Redondo Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Harbor Drive, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 (Formerly Sunrise Hotel at Redondo Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
30% Off Your Stay
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This new hotel has a very promising future. The staff is extremely friendly and the location is very beautiful. I stayed a week here on vacation with my little sister who is in a wheelchair and everything we asked for to accommodate for her was taken care of. The room was clean and the bathroom was newly renovated. The breakfast in the morning was pretty good, the only thing I found odd was that there was bacon but not much choice for eggs to go with it, just cold hard boiled eggs. Maybe that's a West Coast thing? I just found it odd.
Also, I know it's a new hotel and they are still working out all the kinks, but if you are a handicap person staying by yourself at this hotel, I don't recommend it for you if you don't have much upper body strength. The door to our bedroom was not automatic. So I always had to open the door for my sister whenever we got back to our room. This was especially tricky when my hands were full from all the stuff we had bought that day! The door is heavy so it just made things a little difficult. Other than that, it was a lovely experience. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Uckfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had stayed at the Sunrise Hotel (as it used to be called) on many occasions and were very much looking forward to seeing all the changes. We were not disappointed! The new lobby area is modern, bright and tastefully decorated and the seating/breakfast area much improved too. The bedrooms are pretty much the same with extremely comfortable beds and spacious bathrooms with everything still looking lovely and new. The pool area has new furniture with plenty of sun beds and towels and the water in the pool is heated. The laundry room, thankfully, had re-opened just a couple of days or so before we arrived, so we were able to use the new washing machine and drier during our stay. All the staff, without exception, were very pleasant, helpful and professional and also, I must say, very smartly dressed - no doubt inspired by their charming General Manager, Cathy. To sum up, it is a lovely hotel and we were made most welcome.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Noosaville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I could not fault this hotel, it was excellent. Newly renovated, all areas of the hotel were nicely decorated. Incredibly comfortable beds and beautiful linens, even the bathroom products were great. Excellent continental breakfast. All staff were really helpful, cheery and friendly. It's in a great location, very easy walking distance from restaurants and the pier. We hired bikes and had a great morning riding around. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Really enjoyed the stay at the hotel. Loved the top deck area! Fire pits and lighting at night made it a great place to relax, and see the ocean and sunset! The lobby area is beautiful and the breakfast was really good. The rooms and bedding were nice too! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was glad to see the rooms looked like their pictures online. I kept gearing the hotel was renovated recently. The hotel looks nice, but it doesn't look like the exterior had much of a renovation. The room was nice, clean, and spacious. The t.v. had a lot of great channels. I liked that the t.v. had a welcome msg with my name on it. The cons. I was on the first floor and all I heard was loud stomping over head all day. I also heard loud banging & noises during the day. Now I was here on business so it sucked that I couldn't really find relaxation in my room during my off time. I could also hear ppl talking in the adjacent rooms even with the tv on. So my room had a lovely view of an employee shed which was partially obscured by some bushes. Even with the blinds open I basically saw employees going in and out of this shed every ten minutes all day. I basically had to keep the curtains closed. The hotel was nice, but I probably would have stayed at the crown plaza for a better experience to be honest. The staff was very very friendly. Not one employee passed me in the halls without saying hello which shocked me. The concierge was the same. This hotel has free WiFi and complementary breakfast. Nothing fancy just eggs, yogurt, granola and cereal. The one thing this place hsa s going for them is the location. You can walk to several nice restaurants and there is a cheesecake factory located right across the street.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
CathyLeCompte-GM, General Manager at The Redondo Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello!

Thank you for your sharing such lovely comments on our staff and location and a few other nice amenities you enjoyed. We are thankful you made a choice to stay as our guest and also appreciate your valuable review.

Please accept my apologies that you didn't enjoy the location of your guestroom, we certainly strive to ensure your guestroom comfort. Since you enjoyed so much about your stay please accept my invitation to come join us again on your next visit and I will select a room location better suited to your off time relaxation.

My direct line is 424-275-9301 and I do look forward to your call.

Warmest regards and thanks,
Cathy LeCompte
Redondo Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a fantastic stay at the Redondo Beach Hotel this past weekend. The staff was very friendly and professional, accommodated my special requests, and we found the room to be clean, comfortable, modern, and perfect for our needs. The breakfast in the morning was great, and the selection of The Coffee Bean coffees and teas was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This used to be a Best Western and it has been completely renovated. Pacifica Hotels has done it again!! This is a great place for a "stay-cation" or for visitors who want to be beachside with fabulous amenities.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Redondo Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!