“Redondo Beach Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Redondo Beach Hotel

You added The Redondo Beach Hotel to your Saves list
The Redondo Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Harbor Drive, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 (Formerly Sunrise Hotel at Redondo Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
30% Off Your Stay
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Phoenix, United States
“Redondo Beach Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Really enjoyed the stay at the hotel. Loved the top deck area! Fire pits and lighting at night made it a great place to relax, and see the ocean and sunset! The lobby area is beautiful and the breakfast was really good. The rooms and bedding were nice too! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was glad to see the rooms looked like their pictures online. I kept gearing the hotel was renovated recently. The hotel looks nice, but it doesn't look like the exterior had much of a renovation. The room was nice, clean, and spacious. The t.v. had a lot of great channels. I liked that the t.v. had a welcome msg with my name on it. The cons. I was on the first floor and all I heard was loud stomping over head all day. I also heard loud banging & noises during the day. Now I was here on business so it sucked that I couldn't really find relaxation in my room during my off time. I could also hear ppl talking in the adjacent rooms even with the tv on. So my room had a lovely view of an employee shed which was partially obscured by some bushes. Even with the blinds open I basically saw employees going in and out of this shed every ten minutes all day. I basically had to keep the curtains closed. The hotel was nice, but I probably would have stayed at the crown plaza for a better experience to be honest. The staff was very very friendly. Not one employee passed me in the halls without saying hello which shocked me. The concierge was the same. This hotel has free WiFi and complementary breakfast. Nothing fancy just eggs, yogurt, granola and cereal. The one thing this place hsa s going for them is the location. You can walk to several nice restaurants and there is a cheesecake factory located right across the street.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
CathyLeCompte-GM, General Manager at The Redondo Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello!

Thank you for your sharing such lovely comments on our staff and location and a few other nice amenities you enjoyed. We are thankful you made a choice to stay as our guest and also appreciate your valuable review.

Please accept my apologies that you didn't enjoy the location of your guestroom, we certainly strive to ensure your guestroom comfort. Since you enjoyed so much about your stay please accept my invitation to come join us again on your next visit and I will select a room location better suited to your off time relaxation.

My direct line is 424-275-9301 and I do look forward to your call.

Warmest regards and thanks,
Cathy LeCompte
Redondo Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a fantastic stay at the Redondo Beach Hotel this past weekend. The staff was very friendly and professional, accommodated my special requests, and we found the room to be clean, comfortable, modern, and perfect for our needs. The breakfast in the morning was great, and the selection of The Coffee Bean coffees and teas was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This used to be a Best Western and it has been completely renovated. Pacifica Hotels has done it again!! This is a great place for a "stay-cation" or for visitors who want to be beachside with fabulous amenities.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ended up staying here for a conference that was taking place right across the street and I'm so glad we did. Our hotel stay was cheaper but not lacking in comfort, clealiness, service, or hospitality. On one night there was a party taking place on the 2nd floor deck but from our first floor room we couldn't hear a thing. The hotel also has bikes you can rent to ride to the other beaches. Definitely recommend staying here!

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very nice stay, quiet rooms, nice pool. 5 minute walk to the ocean :) If coming from Los Angeles Union Station, take the Flyaway shuttle to LAX Airport (about $8 one way) and then catch a shuttle (like Prime Time or similar) to Redondo Beach Hotel (about $15 one way). (Taxi from Redondo Beach Hotel to LAX Airport is about $30).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Returned to visit South Bay after several years living in the area. This place was sorely needed; fills a huge gap in hotel options in the area: affordable + updated + west of the PCH. Great rooms, great location, friendly staff, decent pool, peaceful setting (once the bike path construction is complete). Just a really pleasant property. Light years from the Best Western this used to be.

Note to newcomers - you're close to the water at this hotel but several blocks from the beach, as the pier and harbor take up a good bit of space north and south of you. Rent a bike from the place across the road and off you go to Riviera, Hermosa, Manhattan, or beyond.

Room Tip: My kids probably would have ruined your morning sleep-in plans if you had a room close to the pool.