“good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Redondo Beach
Vancouver, Canada
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The reception is very helpful, especially Jennifer is efficent and smart dealing with varies of duties. She worked very hard, sometimes 11 hours a day during the Christmas period.

The breakfast is also good, it is called continental, still provide the eggs and meats, woo..

Thanks a lot!

Room Tip: The room with marine view will be good.

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Redondo Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We live in Redondo Beach and have had relatives stay here. The results were typically positive. My autistic son turned 17 last week and his one wish was to stay overnight. The lovely registration agent offered their breakfast room to us for a small pizza party that evening. When we arrived the manager, Lupe, could not have been more rude. It was pretty shocking - his first words were: "how long do you plan to be here?". He continued to make us feel embarrassed and unwelcome to be there, even though we were polite and cleaned up like we were never there. The next day we realized my son had left 2 personal items in his room so I called to let them know we'd retrieve them. Lupe promised to check the room and call. He never did. I called back, and he sounded bored and said, No, they weren't found. When I asked if he'd checked with the maid, he said "I can tell you her name!". I didn't ask for her name. The entire experience with him was so bizarre and rude. Despite how lovely Angelo was - Lupe is good reason to stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Steven d, General Manager at Sunrise Hotel at Redondo Beach, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with me regarding the circumstances surrounding your visit to our hotel. We value all feedback whether positive or negative.

I sincerely apologize that you had a negative interaction with one of our managers during your visit. I take full responsibility for the miscommunication with our staff regarding your arrangement for your son’s birthday gathering. How frustrating that must have been for your son, your family and you. We hope to continue to be your number one choice when visiting the Redondo Beach area.

Please call me directly the next time you need accommodations at our hotel so I can personally attend to your reservations.
Sun City, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had trouble with their computer system,but that didn't affect my stay at all.Have stayed there several times and has always been great.Service is great,rooms are clean,beach and marina location,GREAT.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

the reception was very nice, they always give us very very helpful suggestion about how should we plan our trip, and make it more efficient. Especially the staff number Angelo, he is very friendly, and always help us to plan our next day. living here is a good choice.

Room Tip: the bed is very soft
Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Sunrise hotel was a treat for my latest business trip. I stayed in room 315 (two queen beds) on the marina side. My room was very clean. I saw numerous housekeeping staff throughout my stay and they always had a smile. That may seem an odd note, but I had a contrary experience at a higher end, historic hotel the week prior.

The building is a bit noisy and a bit dated though. The street traffic was quite loud in my room and I could easily hear anyone walking down the hallway or talking in adjacent rooms. I didn't mind the outdated decor as others might as everything was very clean and the staff was super helpful and friendly.

Angelo at the front desk set up my business dinner at The Chart House down the street which afforded us a beach-side table, personalized menu welcoming our group, and a free dessert. It was very nicely done!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near 308. There are two loud vending machines right in the hallway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting family for Thanksgiving. On the positive, we had a clean room, comfortable bed, complimentary breakfast, free parking and a great location. On the negative, the decor is stuck in the 80s and very tired and the fitness center is not on par with hotels in this price range. Soundproofing needs to be worked on: we could hear the people in the next room through the common door linking the rooms.

Saw guests walking in with dogs and was told dogs are allowed on the first floor, but our noisy neighbors had one in their room on the second floor.

Will we stay here again? Probably not.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for five days and every single employee was very pleasant and helpful. Walking distance from pier with great restaurants and bars. Breakfast was free which is a nice and easy way to start your day. Tour to LA picks you up at the door and they made reservation for us

• Stayed November 2012
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Sunrise Hotel at Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!