Back in the 90's we used to stay here when we'd come from Las Vegas for a long LA weekend. After a while, it started to feel less comfortable. Mostly because the property was going through some changes and needed some updating. When we were planning our trip this last February (2014), we checked the reviews mostly out of curiosity. We were pleasantly surprised to see that there were many great reviews so we decided to give it a try. Initially we wanted an inner room but they were not available so we took an outer room - and we were fine with that. And the prices are great!
The Property: When we arrived, we were surprised to see how nice everything looked! The landscaping is well kept. The pool area was clean and inviting. The lobby was updated and uncluttered. The carpets looked very new and the walls were clean. The breakfast area was very comfortable. In the past, it has gone through many failed restaurants. I'm glad BW decided to make it their complimentary breakfast area. It was very basic but nice. The servers were very outgoing and pleasant.
Checking In: We arrived a little early in hopes that one of the inner rooms might have come available. It hadn’t and Rico told us our (outer) room would be ready in about an hour. We came back to find that while we were gone an inner room became available and Rico switched us to it. What a great guy!
The Floor and Room: We were on the 3rd floor facing the inner parking area (east). Elevator was clean and odor-free and inside stairway is carpeted and clean. The room was decorated very modern. A sliding glass door opened out to a small balcony. It was great to sleep with just the screen door. It appeared to be very safe. The king-size bed was very comfortable. The room included a couch, desk, chair, flat-panel TV and fridge. Bathroom is normal size. Vending machines were at the end of the hallway. The north door of our floor led out to the outer rooms and the outer stairways.
We will stay here again. The service was super and the property clean and tidy. Very easy access to and from the property. Main entrance can only be accessed by westbound traffic but there is a signal at the shopping/residential complex to the west of BW and you can drive through their parking lot to get to and from the motel no matter what direction you're coming or going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Best Western Inn is located in an ideal spot for any Los Angeles traveler. Only minutes from the beach and 9 miles away from the Los Angeles International Airport, we offer ideal accommodations for your next Southern California vacation to Disneyland, Universal Studios, or Hollywood. Complete with heated pool, spa and fitness room. Breakfast included. Bike rentals available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Redondo Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Hotel Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach Best Western