“Not The Ritz but was great for us.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Redondo Beach Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Redondo Beach Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Redondo Beach Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1850 South Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach, CA 90277   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ontario,Canada
“Not The Ritz but was great for us.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Redondo from November 10th to 14th, 2007.

It was our base location to explore Los Angeles, Long Beach,
Hollywood and Beverly Hills. It was perfect for us.

The room was a typical Best Western. Nothing fancy or extravigant but I knew that when I booked. We stayed there because of it's location.

Redondo beach is a nice community, I felt safe and that was important.

Our room was at the end on the second floor and we never had problem with noise or strange people around.

I would recommend this hotel to people who don't expect fancy on a simple budget.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

I stayed here for one night and that was one night too many.

Just like the previous reviewer, I had looked at photos of the room (as seen on the hotel's website) prior to booking and decided it was decent enough. Well... I have no idea if such rooms actually exist because the one I was given up on the third floor was HORRENDOUS. It smelled really bad (even after turning on the a/c), the carpet was old and dirty, the wallpaper was peeling and bubbling everywhere and the furniture, bathroom and fixtures were seriously outdated and cheap. I really regret not snapping some pics to post here. On the plus side, the towels and bedding appeared to be clean (no hairs or stains that I could see), parking and internet are free.

There were also many rather unsavoury characters (for lack of a better term) staying at this motel. They were hanging out on the exterior corridors at all hours of the night making noise and generally making me uncomfortable. I had to empty out my car because I feared that anything left inside would be gone by the morning.

I noticed when checking out that there are some rooms in the "main" building (where the lobby is) and those may be better. If nothing else, they would be quieter.

I suspect some of the more positive reviews posted here may in fact be for the other Best Western in Redondo Beach which looked many times nicer than this one.

Stayed October 2007
Canterbury, Kent, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

This was our first stop on a three week holiday in the USA, I checked out all our hotels on the web and booked hotel suites of the highest standard we could afford. This hotel should have been the perfect start, but from all I had read I did not realise this hotel has two standards of rooms, I had looked at the photographs and taken the virtual tours all of which showed rooms of a far higher standard than we received. The hotel is fine as far as it goes and if you make sure when booking that you are in the higher standard of room you will not be disappointed at all, the facilities are good the location is good. The misrepresentation of rooms is far from good.

Stayed September 2007
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2007

Just spent 3 nights at this excellent value for money hotel. Location is ideally suited for out of town visitors hiring a car because it is the other way from the big hotels for LA.Only 12 minutes driving time from LAX in what seemed at first a quiet little suburb but walk down to the pier and experience all the restaurants, bars and markets and you realise the town haas a lot going for it.
Hotel staff very helpful, advising on and booking value for money trips, not rip offs.Breakfast a bit of a let down but for non US residents the opportunity to make one's own waffles was fun. Big bed, room safe no charge, free internet access everything we wanted. No bar but Joe's Crab Shack just down the road seves good food and drink, again well priced. Would definitely stay again

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Boring Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bellevue, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

I'd hate to see what the other places in Redondo Beach are like after staying here. The room interior was ok but it was your typical motel with exterior corridors. The walls are paper thin, when I arrived the guy next door was playing music quite loudly! I called the front desk to ask for a change to a quiet room but they were all sold out so I had to endure the noise. Overall, a dump!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — the noise, exterior corridors
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buckinghamshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

My husband, our two children aged 9 and 11 and myself stayed here for 5 days during July 2006 on our way to New Zealand from the UK.

After scouring through hundreds of pages of Tripadvisor hotel reviews I decided on this one and we were not disappointed. We wanted something in a "non-touristy" area of Los Angeles, near a beach, with a pool, and the option to have breakfast at the hotel. It also had to be affordable and not too far to drive to major attractions.

We had a family room with two double beds. The room was a good size and had a little kitchenette at the back of it with a refrigerator, kettle, ironing board, etc. Yes, the room was a little worn around the edges, and the air conditioning was slightly noisy, but it was very clean and the housekeeping was good.

Even though this hotel is located on the busy Pacific Highway, it never seemed really noisy because the buildings which house all the rooms are set back from the road a bit. The entrance lobby is pleasant, it has nicely kept gardens and there are a good choice of restaurants nearby. The manager of the hotel let us have a late check-out on the last day at no extra charge. The breakfast (we had to pay extra for this) was fabulous - although we had to learn what "eggs, sunny side up, medium" meant.

Redondo beach and pier were pleasant but not as posh as other beaches in Los Angeles and the area as a whole seemed a bit more down-to-earth, but still very nice. The pool was small, but there were barely more than a few people in it at any given time, great for a refreshing dip after a hard day's sightseeing! There is a small mall right next door to the hotel with a good drug store, liquor store, hairdresser, florist, take-away eateries, etc. We would definitely stay here again if we went back to Los Angeles.

• Liked — Location near beach, good price, breakfast at hotel, family room, air conditioning, pool
  • Disliked — Slightly worn and outdated in places, air conditioning a bit noisy
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

We like this hotel very much. It was comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the amenities offered were very suitable for only $119/nt.

• Liked — Clean rooms, friendly staff
  • Disliked — It would've been nice to have a suite- the hotel only has standard guest rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Redondo Beach Inn? Share your experiences!