“Just OK for a 1 night stop” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2740 Artesia Boulevard, 2740 Artesia Blvd, Redondo Beach, CA 90278, Redondo Beach, CA 90278-3314   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Bellaghy
“Just OK for a 1 night stop”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Let me start by saying that I travel on business and therefore have come to expect a certain standard - it does not have to be 4 star plush but clean comfortable and normal amenities is what I do expect. When I went to check in after being in transit for nearly 24 hrs I was informed that the non-smoking room which had been booked was not available and it was smoking room only. Being an ex-smoker I was somewhat less than pleased but as I was shattered I needed to get some sleep and reluctantly agreed to stay for one night with the proviso that if a non-smoking room became available it was mine. The receptionist was very apologetic.

I went into the room and was assailed by the stench of fusty cigarette smoke that no amount of cleaning would ever remove from carpets and curtains. Said receptionist arrived a few moments later while I was trying to get the TV to work with some deoderant room sprays and I proceeded to liberally dose the room with these while she tried to get the TV to work without success. She told me that she would get the manager to have a look when he arrived back which he did. The ariel connector had been ripped out of the wall hence the failure of the TV to get a signal he did say it was part of the standard checklst and that the tick box said it had been OK. I should note that the reception at night is closed behind around 3 inches of bulletproof glass. I also have to note on the plus side that the wifi worked fine.

I slept fitfully with a combination of car alarms and noise and streaming eyes due to aforementioned cigarette smoke. I woke the next morning and went round to reception for my complimentary breakfast which is in the lobby and seating consists of around four 2 seat tables. Cereal, bread, waffle making facilities, yoghurt, tea and coffee all available and all were fine no issues there as I don't require a big hit of cholesterol to set up my day.

When I returned to my room I setup the ironing board and iron and observed that it did not appear to be working. I promptly unplugged the appliance and ran my fingers along the somewhat frayed cable and lo and behold the wire was broken. I was really starting to think that someone was trying to give me a hint here so I went to reception found Jay the manager and explained the situation. He plugged said appliance back in as I backed away for fear of electrocution and verified that it was indeed broken. He promptly replaced it and I got on with my preparations to iron my clothes and also to check out as this was the straw that broke the camels back. Jay was apologetic and courteous and when I went to check out he did give me the room for $36 which given my experience was about fair. If you are a business user and want to stay locally see my next review.

Room Tip: Mine was so bad that any had to be better
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nitesh K, Manager at BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry that your stay was filled with concerns, but your response helps us pave the way for better services. We will do our best to look into each problem and take careful consideration in how to improve ourselves in each aspect. Thank you for staying with us and we certainly hope you to have you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is a very nice motel and I would definitely stay here again. Our room was modern, spacious, well appointed and very clean which is my first priority. I especially liked the fact that the room had good lighting which is often not the case.

The staff I met on our arrival and for the first two days was very friendly and accommodating. I have two quibbles which I planned to mention when I checked out after the third night but the clerk at the desk didn't bother to inquire if everything was okay so I mention them here.

The first concerns maid service. We are always happy to reuse our sheets and towels per motel suggestions. But not changing the sheets doesn't mean not making the bed. Ours looked like the covers had just been thrown to the top. The sides weren't tucked in and the bottom sheet wasn't shaken or smoothed.

The second has to do with the clock radio which didn't work. You'll have to ask for a wake-up call if rising time is important. But I did miss the music. However, as I said, these are quibbles and easily corrected. Overall this is an excellent motel and a very good value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know about your concerns with our business. We take pride in knowing you enjoyed your stay, but we also take all concerns very seriously and will do our best to make sure your next stay is even better. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

All I needed was an overnighter. These folks were where I needed to be. Super pleasant person checked me in in the late afternoon on a Sunday. Parking is a little tight if you have a large rig like a camper to towing a trailer but otherwise okay. Very quiet room. Set up with a microwave & frige. Along with the usual stuff. Very, very clean room. My only complaint would be the bed pillows. They seemed too much/extra firm and full. There's a few places to eat nearby..I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Nitesh K, Manager at BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are looking forward forward to your next visit! And we will make sure on your next visit you get your Extra Firm pillow.
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

After looking at a few pictures and the location of the hotel, I was a little nervous that it was right on a busy road and had outside rooms only but was pleasantly surprised at the newer decor in the room and the cleanliness. Great place for just an overnight visit, close to a larger mall and a few miles from beaches.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment and review our property!
Cebu Island, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

My family of 5 booked 2 rooms for 4 nights at this hotel due to its proximity to Disneyland and to the LAX airport. upon checking in at around 8 pm, there was only one hotel staff and she was multi tasking, taking a call while handling our check in and answering queries from another hotel guest. Boy was she stressed out but didnt show it.

Upon entering the room, what immediately caught our attention was the stained carpeting, my wife spent all the lysol disinfectant spray that she brought on the two rooms. The rooms are furnished with sofa, ref, iron with board and microwave; the cleaning staff handled the day to day cleaning really well. What annoyed us were the poor soundproofing, you could hear people talking on the other room; you could hear muffled footsteps from the room above us and running water from showers from adjoining rooms. If youi are a light sleeper, you wouldnt be able to sleep soundly at anytime of the day. Its so poorly insulated that even people walking on the corridor could be heard and vibrations felt. Also noise coming in from the parking could be heard especially those irritating alarms going off in the middle of the night.

The location is centrally located with food and mall outlets within 30 minute walk but its better to do it during daytime, although it is in a safe neighborhood, the streets are desserted at night. I suggest to the owners to totally gut this place down and construct an all concrete structure with good soundproofing. Im sure they will be able to recoup their investments fast since the place is in a very good location.

Room Tip: if you cant avoid this hotel, choose the 3rd floor rooms and away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Redondo Beach hotels

Stafford Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We arrived at this motel at 1AM after flying across the country. The neighborhood was very quiet at that time of the evening. The room was clean and nicely decorated and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. There was a continental breakfast available in the morning. The only thing bad I have to say is that some other guests were talking outside our door in the morning and it seemed like they were in the room with us. I will stay here again the next time I fly into LAX as it was only minutes from the car rentals and it was priced right.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you review! We hope to see you again real soon!
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We spent a few pre-cruise days in the Los Angeles area taking in the wonderful sights. My wife and I are avid travellers spending 60+ days in hotels on both business and vacation activities. Our expectations are high but not too extravagant....we want cleanliness comfortabel rooms for a good nights sleep . The Redondo Beach Galleria Inn part of the Best Western chain of hotels certainly lives up to our high quality standards as a customer. Exceptionally clean tidy rooms with its very friendly and helpful staff in the front office made our visit pleasant and memorable. Many thanks to Jay who pointed us in the right direciton on a few occassions. Although not in the vicinity of coastal beaches like some hotels, the Galleria Inn Best Western hotel is ideally suited close to shopping, major highways and priced well....obviously an important factor. I would most certainly recommend the Redondo Beach Gallerian Inn Best Western for the seasoned as well as new traveller.

Room Tip: I suspect that second floor rooms are equally as good as ground floor rooms....we prefer ground simp...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
We take considerable pride in knowing that we met your standards on every end, and we are very grateful that you took the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. It helps us strive to become an even better Best Western, and we hope you come stay with us again to see our improvements. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Inn? Share your experiences!