Let me start by saying that I travel on business and therefore have come to expect a certain standard - it does not have to be 4 star plush but clean comfortable and normal amenities is what I do expect. When I went to check in after being in transit for nearly 24 hrs I was informed that the non-smoking room which had been booked was not available and it was smoking room only. Being an ex-smoker I was somewhat less than pleased but as I was shattered I needed to get some sleep and reluctantly agreed to stay for one night with the proviso that if a non-smoking room became available it was mine. The receptionist was very apologetic.
I went into the room and was assailed by the stench of fusty cigarette smoke that no amount of cleaning would ever remove from carpets and curtains. Said receptionist arrived a few moments later while I was trying to get the TV to work with some deoderant room sprays and I proceeded to liberally dose the room with these while she tried to get the TV to work without success. She told me that she would get the manager to have a look when he arrived back which he did. The ariel connector had been ripped out of the wall hence the failure of the TV to get a signal he did say it was part of the standard checklst and that the tick box said it had been OK. I should note that the reception at night is closed behind around 3 inches of bulletproof glass. I also have to note on the plus side that the wifi worked fine.
I slept fitfully with a combination of car alarms and noise and streaming eyes due to aforementioned cigarette smoke. I woke the next morning and went round to reception for my complimentary breakfast which is in the lobby and seating consists of around four 2 seat tables. Cereal, bread, waffle making facilities, yoghurt, tea and coffee all available and all were fine no issues there as I don't require a big hit of cholesterol to set up my day.
When I returned to my room I setup the ironing board and iron and observed that it did not appear to be working. I promptly unplugged the appliance and ran my fingers along the somewhat frayed cable and lo and behold the wire was broken. I was really starting to think that someone was trying to give me a hint here so I went to reception found Jay the manager and explained the situation. He plugged said appliance back in as I backed away for fear of electrocution and verified that it was indeed broken. He promptly replaced it and I got on with my preparations to iron my clothes and also to check out as this was the straw that broke the camels back. Jay was apologetic and courteous and when I went to check out he did give me the room for $36 which given my experience was about fair. If you are a business user and want to stay locally see my next review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Mediterranean style architecture and accommodations at this Redondo Beach hotel with great beaches, shopping, nightlife and LAX just minutes away. The BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Hotel is located near the best beaches in Southern California and just a few miles from the Los Angeles International Airport. - LAX. Beach goers looking for a great location will find themselves in proximity to local beaches such as Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach, and a short distance to Venice and Santa Monica Beach. Relax and Enjoy beach hot spots; boardwalk shopping, pier restaurants, and nightlife entertainment. Easy access to popular and exciting nearby attractions include Disneyland, Universal Studios/Universal Walk, Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Aquarium of The Pacific, and the Paul Getty Museum. Guests will be within walking distance to the South Bay Galleria Mall and minutes away from Del Amo Fashion Center, offering world class shops, entertainment, theatres, restaurants. Favorite local events near the hotel include beach volleyball tournaments, soccer tournaments, fishing, whale watching and charter trips to Catalina Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Hotel Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach Best Western