“Fantastic 1st time, 2nd okay” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ortega 120 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 264 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palo Verdes
Transit: Many stops are located around us.
Lumberton
“Fantastic 1st time, 2nd okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

First visit was great. Fresh chips with fresh chunky salsa. Food freshly made. Service fast. Send visit only fair. Service Slow. I had same salad both times , 1st visit better. Rest of family said same. Marquetitas had definite fake or processed lime juice undertaste not fresh lime

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Massachusetts
“Authentic Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Ortega was recommended for the best Mexican food in Redondo Beach. Nice decor but I was seated right under the music speaker (very loud) and had to be moved to the back room. Here it is so dark that I couldnt see the food, but I digress. Chips(very crisp and freshly made were delicious) and salsa were complimentary the salsa being ordinary and nothing special. I ordered the chicken enchildadas verdes and I must say it was one of the best I have ever had. Real tortillas, white meat chicken, and plenty of sauce. There was guacamole on the side which was average. Rice and beans are served in a separate bowl, a nice touch, however I found the rice to be nondescript and the beans, although very flavorful, were whole and not refried which I prefer.
Service was excellent and I would definitely return next time I am in Redondo Beach.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clinton, Ohio
“Flavorful, friendly, affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Loved the whole meal. Kids loved it. A little cramped but not awful. Didn't have reservation and they fit us in. Seemed very well run.

Visited July 2011
New York
“Authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This restaurant gets its name from the 120 different kinds of tequila it serves. The first page of the menu is just tequila. The waitress told us that they have a tequila expert come monthly to teach the patrons about tequila. I don't drink so, on to the food. It was delicious and fresh. I had enchiladas with braised beef, while my husband had enchiladas with carnitas. We dined on the patio, which was really nice. The interior of the restaurant is uniquely decorated. It's within walking distance of the Best Western and the beach.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow...this is great Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Don't expect standard Mexican fare. Probably the best Mexican food I've had in my 60 years. Would go back in a minute. Do the pitcher of margaritas to start. The avocado dip is amazing with the seasonings. Had the Rellanos Duo and it was superb. Desserts were tasty. Had appropriate music which was enjoyed by all in our party.

• Visited February 2012