The Howard Johnson of Redlands is a dive at its best. The room we stayed in faced a poorly lit hallway, giving the room a gloomy atmosphere even when the sun was shining brightly outside. The door did not close fully without needing to be pulled or pushed roughly into place. The room itself smelled like a nursing home, a combination of body odor, mildew, and mild cleaning supplies. The bathroom was by far the worst part of the experience. Management purchased the least expensive toilet paper I have ever encountered, it was not even perforated. The shower head was only five and a half feet high, which was fine for me, as I am 5 foot three, however would be problematic for anyone taller. Finally the bath tub was missing its stopper, and when I called to inquire I was informed that they don’t stock any extra tub stoppers and that I should just use a washcloth to stop the drain. While functional and utilitarian, this solution lacked a significant level of alignment with customer needs, and speaks to a poorly maintained and managed hotel. The only upsides to this experience was the free wireless internet and the complimentary waffle breakfast (and even then the coffee was horrible).
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Redlands Hotel
- Howard Johnson Redlands Hotel Redlands
- Howard Johnson Redlands
- Redlands Howard Johnson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Motel 6 Redlands, CA in Redlands, CaliforniaThis Motel 6 is located just a short drive from Southern CA Ski Areas, minutes from Ontario International Airport and Palm Springs resort area. Only 20 minutes from the Morongo Casino. Enjoy FREE WIFI in all guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Motel 6 Redlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.