“Too many positive reviews to be real” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Redlands

You added Motel 6 Redlands to your Saves list
Motel 6 Redlands
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1120 West Colton Ave., Redlands, CA 92374 (Formerly Howard Johnson Redlands)   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Redlands
“Too many positive reviews to be real”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stopped here because of the many positive reviews, but realized something was wrong - - there are far too many positive reviews and far too few realistic reviews. While the staff was accommodating and nice, the rest of the story isn't so nice. It's an old and dated building that needs a power wash badly, as do the stairs and walkways. Upon entering the "lobby" we were overcome with the smell of someone's garlic lunch. Our room was dated and somewhat shabby. Odd décor, possibly modern in the '60's. No pictures on the walls, hard floors dusty complete with crumbs. The bedspreads were stained and marked. There were no towels in the room, and the TV service was broken except for a few channels. There appear to be permanent residents here - - one room has a pillow outside the room for a dog to sleep on with food and water placed nearby. Keep traveling if you can.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Orange County, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love staying here. My father has been at the Redlands Community Hospital for about a week so my and my fiancé have bee staying that this location off and on for about that amount of time. The quality of the stay is superb. I'm really not one to write reviews, so the fact that I'm writing one now really speaks levels about this location.
Ok so about the rooms and why I think they rock:

The rooms (we've had a few different rooms and the quality doesn't differ) are very modern and offer a lot of space and natural movement. I really like all of the updated furniture and TVs.

The TVs all have a little shelf right beneath them and different inputs for convenience. You can bring your own hdmi, component, etc. cables and make a connection right there with your own devices!

WiFi is free and easy to connect to and the connection isn't at all bad. We've been watching a lot of Netfix and the streaming rarely stops to reload or buffer.

The floors are HEATED. So that when you're stepping out of the shower there's no need to fear the unpleasantness of a cold floor. They're heated from the moment you step out of the shower up until the point when you're standing at the sink. Major luxury that I will miss.

The bed is comfortable for us, but to others it may be considered a bit stiff. To each his own though, right?
It's conveniently located, too.
Staff has been friendly and we have nothing but good things to say.

The only reason I did not give the full 5 stars is because the towels are a bit skimpy and they haven't been great about giving us more. Also, no hand towels and only one washcloth. There should at least be 4 full sets.
And no iron, ironing board or hairdryer. (although, you are able to check some of these things out at the front desk.)

Overall, we've very much enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hesperia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

We stayed at this location while staying with family. It was very nice and clean rooms newly renovated. The staff was excellent especially the lady at the front desk. She really made us feel welcome. Thanks Angie!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Colton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

I went with my husband and it was a very nice place, beautiful inside. Angie the front desk person was very sweet and helped us with anything we needed. I will defiantly be back to stay on valentines.

• Stayed January 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

I've stayed at many hotels, I stayed at this particular Motel6 with my partner and our two service dogs for almost 60 days. I'm always amazed at hotels that clearly are unaware of the Americans w/Disabilities Act and give us grief about our service pets, but this hotel welcomed our dogs without drama, and that gave me and my partner a huge piece of mind. Further, upon check in the front desk was courteous and professional. The hotel manager AJ is constantly moving around the property keeping up with all areas and ensuring the property and guests are well taken care of. Also deserving of special mention is the housekeeping staff. Thorough, Always prompt, and always professional, and friendly. ESPECIALLY MS. MARIELA MORALES... she always ensured we had everything we needed. She got to know us and the .little things that made us feel more at home like extra towels, cups, etc... Little things to some but things to myself that made a big difference in the overall experience, which would absolutely rates one the best for me.

• Stayed February 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015

I was very satisfied with my stay thanks to the house keeper Makiela .I will always choose this hotel over the others because its the best one I've stayed at and actually liked. I wanna thank you Motel 6 keep the good work up and it will pay off

Jessica Cardova

• Stayed January 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

Just the warm welcoming at the front desk by Angie was so pleasant. She is a great employee with great customer service ust the warm welcoming at the front desk by Angie was so pleasant. She is a great employee with great customer service and just a funny down to Earth person. Great Job keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Motel 6 Redlands? Share your experiences!