“Almost five stars” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Almost five stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel and was glad the company I worked for put me up here. The room was pretty, with warm features and classy finishes. It was comfortable.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating wherever I went, from the various front desk personnel, the people working the breakfast room and housekeepers, too.

The free breakfast was above average, with a chef making custom omelets. In the evening there was a managers reception with free beer and wine, cheese and crackers and grapes. I also found some cookies! This was nice.

The bed was comfortable and I didn't notice too much noise from outside, though the air conditioner could be quieter. I also didn't spot an elevator and had to use the stairs to get to my second floor room. There were also a few odd things I didn't like in the room, which kept it from being a five-star review, but these were mostly personal preference things.

Be confident when booking a reservation at the Ayres. It's a great place. You'll love it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear mauiwolf,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay at our hotel and were pleased to hear that is was nothing less than magnificent! From our full American breakfast to our friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms, our service is very important to us.
We apologize that there were several features in your room you didn't find to exceed your expectations, however we are delighted to hear that your overall stay was a success. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rachel Kieng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Absolutely wonderful! Clean, friendly staff, beautiful rooms. They cater to any reasonable request. Only draw back was there was a All Stars little league playoff and the pool was beyond capacity. Got hit in head 3 times with a football and then the water guns...parents were worse than the kids. Staff never enforced the pool rules so any other guest using the pool was on their own. I'm sure if I would have said something to the staff they would have taken care of it, but I didn't want to ruin the kids' fun. Still, I had a great time and would not hesitate staying again, just call ahead LOL... :)

Room Tip: If you travel during summer and are using the pool, check to see if any large groups staying.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Have stayed several times at Ayres hotel, Redlands. As always the staff was most accommodating. The room was great. And as always Pedro's omelets where wonderful. My only complaint with this visit, which occurred over a weekend, were the number of children on property but I do understand, considering its summer time.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room facing west away from the freeway noise. Rooms on the seco...
Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boston Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for six nights and every night was great, great service, pool, happy hour and my son
ans husband loved the hot breakfast.
We will be back again. Mandy at the front desk is so nice and friendly and the chef is great, if you stay here you
Will never regret it!

• Stayed June 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

While the bed and amenities were nice enough, our room faced the freeway and the underpass adjacent to the hotel. Even with the white noise of the air conditioner, traffic noise was a significant issue. We would choose not to return for this reason alone.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms lack convenient access to stairs. Parking is an issue when the hotel is full. av...
Green Features: Reasonable in today's hospitality environment.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Andy M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! Your feedback helps us to better serve our guests. In regards to your recent stay, I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for the noise issues you experienced with your guest room. I can understand how an inconvenience such as traffic noise could spoil anyone’s stay and I am so sorry about this disturbance. In the future, we kindly encourage you to request a room away from the freeway in advance, in order to prevent an issue such as this from reoccurring. Please know that we always do our very best to accommodate our guests special requests. Nevertheless, I am thrilled to hear that your enjoyed our Ayres Dream Sleeper custom mattress as well as our hotel amenities and only hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for your candid review!

Rachel Kieng
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a wonderful facility, has great staff. There is a great hot breakfast, pool and lounge area. It has easy access off the freeway, but no traffic noise. Well maintained, great house keeping, clean and comfortable. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Central California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We quit staying at this establishment for a year or so because it was just too painful to see such a lovely facility become shoddy. I don't know if it is new management or what, but it has returned to its standards that it had when first opened.

We have been staying at the Comfort Suites, but they were booked. We needed a room in short notice because of a hospitalized family member. I called Ayres and they were so nice. They found us a room and charged us a very discounted rate. When I told them that I did not know how many nights we were going to stay, they told me that it was no problem.

Now, it is head and shoulders above Comfort Suites. By the time we checked in, it was very late. We were pleasantly surprised and happy to see how wonderful the entire property looked, Our room was really nice. Gone were the weary signs of too many occupants in a room. It was spotless.

I don't think we will be returning to Redlands again after this month, but we will certainly stay at their other properties. Kudos to the Operations Manager.

Room Tip: Don't worry if your room is facing the freeway or the street, you won't hear anything.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ayres Hotel Redlands? Share your experiences!