“Upgraded Motel” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Long Beach, California
“Upgraded Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Would not stay in an Ayres Hotel again. Upgraded motel, smells funny and at night the curtains let it the light from outside. Food was just ok. Would not eat there if I had a choice. Requested a room by the elevator and that request was met. Parking is a nightmare.

• Stayed August 2013
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Yuki -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I deeply apologize that your stay with us was so unsatisfactory, Odor issues are concerning, so please know your comments have been addressed by the housekeeping team. All guestrooms are equipped with blackout curtains that eliminate all light coming into the guestroom. Occasionally guests are not able to locate these but the Front Desk is always happy to help should this occur. We are very sorry for your experience and hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Rachel Kieng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Diamond Bar, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hotel was like an upscale of a motel 6, and the pool towels smelled like someone wiped their behind with it then returned it on the towel rack, which was stacked in with the " so- called" clean towels. And when we barely got to our room to rest and relax, there was a kid who was poking his face through our bedroom window. Worse experience ever.

Room Tip: When booking, request a room that's in the very end, away from the elevators , and highest possi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Annonymous95 -

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I am so very sorry that your experience with us was anything less than exceptional. Your comments regarding the pool towels are alarming as we strive for the highest levels of cleanliness. Rest assured I have discussed this with the housekeeping team to ensure against it in the future. As to the young person looking in the window, we would have been more than happy to address that problem should we have been notified of the problem. I apologize if this created such an uncomfortable visit. We hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Regards,

Ciudad Ojeda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel before living my kids at a summer camp. It was a nice experience. The breakfast was very good and well stocked. The hotel is next to the highway but no issues there, it was very quiet. Excellent value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here a year ago for a friend's wedding, and did not hesitate to stay a 2nd time when I was in the area again for a family event.This beautiful hotel has lots of little extras: big comfortable rooms, lovely tile work in the lobby, nice poolside atmosphere, and wonderful breakfasts. My check-in experience was pleasant. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear 805hiker -

It was a pleasure welcoming you recently. Thank you so much for allowing us to welcome you a second time and for your kind words. Every guest IS special to us, so we do our utmost to go above and beyond in providing consistently comfortable accommodations. We appreciate you taking the time to recommend us and hope to welcome you back a third time.

COMMERCE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had never heard of this chain before but was glad to find it. Had to make a quick trip to SoCal for a funeral and made this reservation at the last second. When I arrived was a bit apprehensive, since it sits almost directly beside an I-10 overpass in Redlands, but didn't hear any traffic noise. Walked in to find refreshments in the lobby from 5 to 7 PM. Chips, crackers, cheeses, and fruits to snack on plus an assortment of wines, and beers to choose from. I had a very nicely appointed room with two queens, flat screen TV and free WIFI. At breakfast the next morning I was pleasantly surprised to find a breakfast bar with a cook making omelets to order. Oh, there was the usual assortment of cereals, juices, pastries, and waffle machine; but the omelets were the main attraction. Other amenities included a nice large pool and separate Jacuzzi. I think there was some sort of spa on site also, but didn't check it out. We enjoyed our stay so much that we stopped again on our trip back through to the Ontario airport. Everything was clean and no complaints. Hope there is availability whenever you stay in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room if you have kids or just want to be close to the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Inland Empire, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 days. We both were pleased with the cleanliness of the room. The room was very spacious and inviting. We really enjoyed our stay immensely! The way the room was set up was cozy. Our room was King Studio Suite with a sofabed on the first floor (outside room). We didn't make use of the pool but it was well kept and clean. Upon reading one of the other reviews I am saddened by the fact that my husband and I didn't partake in at least one of the free breakfasts. I have stayed at an Ayres Hotel previously and was very pleased with my stay at that time as well (stayed at one by Ontario Mills). The parking was great, we were able to park right outside our room. I'd definitely recommend this place and look forward to returning there again. Thanks for all the great service!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very helpful and attentive. A special thank you to Alex - I forgot my shoes that I needed for an interview and she drove me to and from a store after her night shift at 6:30 am. She went above and beyond and saved the day!

The breakfast was great, as well as the wine and cheese in the afternoons. The rooms were always clean, with nice decor and a great King sized bed. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 - and only a very minor annoyance (probably because I'm not used to any sounds at night) was how loud the fridge and AC were at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ayres Hotel Redlands? Share your experiences!