“Great hotel with a few shortcomings” 4 of 5 stars

2 Nights - 20% Off!
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Redlands
GreenLeadersGold level
Silicon Valley
“Great hotel with a few shortcomings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Pros
Clean rooms and bathrooms.
Comfortable beds.
Functional desk and swivel chair
Rooms extra large
Super friendly front desk staff
Convenient location
Quiet rooms -- effective soundproofing
Good breakfast offering -- fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, waffles, yogurt, muffins, juice, coffee and made-to-order omelets.

Cons
WiFi non functional during full booking
. I was unsuccessful for 2 nights in logging on. Three networks were available with good signal strength, but my iPad got kicked off of them continuously after 5 to 10 seconds. A family member in the room next to us had same issue.
Breakfast area is too small for a full guest booking. The 12 tables were insufficient. Moreover, the room was too small for the tables and chairs, making it difficult to impossible to maneuver about the room. An overflow conference room filled to capacity, too. The outdoor seating was too cold with winter temps in 40s.
The food counter is L shaped, creating crowded conditions for guests trying to reach food.
Coffee urns too small for large number of guests. Staff was challenged to refill the coffee supply in a timely fashion.

Room Tip: All rooms have outdoor access. Some ground floor rooms present direct access to parking lot. Second...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Explorer100 -

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. It was a pleasure welcoming you recently and I am pleased you found the accommodations clean and service exceptional. I do apologize if two of our many complimentary amenities were inhibited by our very high occupancy. This is not generally the during such high occupancy but on occasion our breakfast room will prove very full and WIFI bandwidth slow as a result of so many users. Again, I do apologize and want to reiterate that this is not a normal experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your review and hope you will consider us the next time you visit Redlands.

Warm regards,

Chris Ehorn

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here a night before driving up to big bear to ski. Great place to stay during the holidays when hotels on the mountain are booked. I've stayed in a lot of hotels for business and was pleasantly surprised with the decor and relatively upscale feeling of the room. Two kids, the wife and I stayed in a king fireplace suite and there was plenty of room for us to hang out comfortably. Room also had a fridge, microwave, and fast internet. Staff was friendly and professional. Breakfast was ok...but included in the price of the room. The hotels with memorable breakfasts for me have salmon included in the buffet so my standards for food may be higher than normal. Also had fast internet in the dining area. GREAT overall and this would be my #1 choice if staying in Redlands again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sherman Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The room was clean and very comfortable. Lots of considerations have been made to keep the hotel very eco friendly without sacrificing any comfort at all. The service was welcoming and friendly. The hotel property itself was very nice and very well taken care of. And the complimentary breakfast was the best I've ever received with a full service omelette bar! We stayed here on a trip to big bear because everything on the mountain was booked, but we got so much more for our money at the Ayes and I'm very happy we found it. We'd stay there again without a doubt

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We only stayed one night, but with the friendliness of Walter, and Alexandria , and the cleanliness of the hotel, I was very impressed and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone I know. I felt very welcome.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Room is cozy and clean, not too fancy but not too mediocre either. It has the extra stuffs that I needed - mini ref, microwave, and free wifi. The complimentary breakfast buffet is unbeatable. Staff are warm and friendly. Me and my wife will be looking for ayres hotels on our out of city trips from now on.

• Stayed December 2012
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Everything from the room to the people at the desk were great! I spend my holidays ever year in San Francisco....staying at the Hilton, Fairmont, etc...Your hotel service and the room were outstanding!! I'll looking for your hotels in Los Angeles and San Francisco from now on! Best wishes, David

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ayres Hotel Redlands? Share your experiences!