I chose the Ayres Hotel Redlands because our family needed to stay in the foothills overnight before picking our son up from a mountain camp. I decided on Ayres because, as of this writing, it was ranked 1 of 9 Redlands properties and the price was right.
The 80% I liked:
* option to extend (for $40) checkout until 4 pm
* clean property with friendly staff
* comfortable room with nice TV
The 20% I didn't:
* no custom-made omelettes on weekends. This was a real bummer because I thought the rest of the food was very disappointing, esp given the build-up the other reviews gave it. In my case, the eggs were burnt, the sausage was flaccid (bacon would have been a much better option) and the muffins were tasteless. Coffee was watered down, no cream or whole milk available.
* we paid for our 4 pm extension up front, but our keys were invalidated at 12 pm. This creates a problem when you're standing at your hotel room door, cold and wet, with two six-year-olds in swimsuits and towels! Turns out the front desk staff didn't key our card correctly. When you're paying $40 for the privilege, I say make sure you key it right!
I should say that after driving through Redlands, this was definitely the most attractive property we saw. Just go in with 2-star expectations and you'll find them exceeded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ayres Hotel Redlands combines the comforts and conveniences of home with the warm hospitality you’ve come to expect from the Ayres name. At our green certified hotel, you’ll find all of the luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Hotel Redlands are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, hand held hairdryers, and curved shower rods. And every morning you will start your day right with our complimentary full American breakfast. At our convenient Redlands, CA location you are in the heart of all the city has to offer. Take a stroll through historic Downtown Redlands or visit your student at the University of Redlands. If you are in need of some fresh air, the Ayres Hotel is close to Smiley Park and Kimberly Crest House & Gardens. Catch a show at the California Theater of the Performing Arts or place your bets at nearby San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Milestone Internet Marketing, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Ayres Hotel Redlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.