“We were so tired from traveling and so happy with the cleanliness and comfort of our room. We will be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ayres Hotel Redlands

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Redlands
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Excellent! From the moment we walked in to checking out. I will recommend to anyone who wants a great nights stay.

• Stayed March 2012
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Buster8752 -

It was a pleasure welcoming you as a guest of our hotel. We understand the importance of arriving at a welcoming, clean, and comfortable hotel after a long day of traveling and do our utmost to make sure our guests are able to relax upon check-in. I am thrilled we were able to meet and exceed these standards for you. We hope to have you back very soon.

Safe travels,

Chris Ehorn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed for 5 nights end Feb beginning of March. Nice, very clean, comfortable, kind and helpful people at front desk and a really nice breakfast. In the area probably one of the best and I will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Gmd75 -

Thank you for choosing Ayres Hotel Redlands for your stay and for taking the time to let others know about our hotel. It is so wonderful to know that we were able to provide you with amenities and service that made for an enjoyable stay and that you think so highly of us. I work with a wonderful team here at the hotel, so I will be sure to share your comments with them as well. We look forward to your next visit.

Westlake Village, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I always like to watch a good movie when I'm out of town, and finally have the time. Couldn't believe that option wasn't available. I won't stay there next time. Heard the Dynasty Hotel is less money and very nice from other Redlands parents.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear BrenD33258 -

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I apologize if our lack of in-room movies made for an unsatisfactory stay. We do have a lengthy channel listing in our rooms, including two different HBO channels that present current movies, but I understand this is not what was desired and apologize for any inconvenience. We do review our television offerings frequently so I will be sure to share your comments with our executive team for future changes. Again thank you for your review and I hope you will reconsider staying at Ayres Hotel Redlands in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

This place is great! Although its not situated in such a great place once your inside the facility you completly forget about it. Ayres is gorgeous and the breakfast is great(free). The staff is friendly and rooms are very clean. I would definetly stay again.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Karianar -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ayres Hotel Redlands. Your comments regarding the decor and complimentary breakfast are greatly appreciated. It is always wonderful to hear that a guest has left our hotel fully satisfied with his or her stay. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and hope you will return soon.

Safe travels,

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My usual place to stay in Redlands. Probably the best hotel in the area. Good service. Free beer and wine happy hours during the week. Free breakfast that is much better than most hotels.

• Stayed February 2012
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Travelingtrain3r -

It was an honor having you as a guest of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to let fellow travelers know of your experience and for your continued patronage. I am pleased that you found the amenities, including the complimentary breakfast and Manager's Recpetion, outstanding. I will be sure to share your compliments with our cook. We look forward to your return.

Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Ayres Hotel Redlands was topnotch in all respects. The hotel exteriors and interiors were clean and inviting. I loved all the flowers planted in front. The lovely tiles with inset special tiles in the lobby looked almost Mediterranean, pleasant. Oranges were placed in a bowl and information about a cooperative that helps the homeless with gleaned fruit. I thought as a corporation that is nice to look beyond profits, but to think of others less fortunate.

I received a very good rate online, which was helpful, as I'm a single mom raising two daughters with heart transplants. It felt so good to stay at such a hotel and not a budget, less desirable hotel. This place made me feel like I was on a nice vacation, rather than just staying somewhere out of necessity. Interestingly, a man and his wife told me they live in town, but came to your hotel as a vacation, a time away as a married couple, as their kids were babysat. They were happy to be in your hotel, too. Also, a man suffering from pancreatic cancer told me he was so happy to be at the hotel, as he needed a rest before seeing doctors at a hospital in Loma Linda. He may need major surgery, was planning on fasting and hopeful he won't need extreme surgery. He was from Hawaii, traveled to Redlands, very happy to have discovered your very inviting place.

The room with the two comfortable queen beds with the soft and luxurious bedding gave us a great night's rest. My daughters were participating in Rainbow Girls, International events over the holiday weekend. One daughter was chosen to be a grand marshal for the organization, quite an honor. After a very long day with hundreds of girls at Redlands High School, it felt so nice to fall asleep in the nicely appointed room. We loved the nice flat screen t.v., watched the Iron Chef cooking show awhile, then fell asleep.

I think it is so nice you provide made-to-order omelets in your breakfast room, beside all the other choices like waffles, pastries, hard boiled eggs, more. This was so appreciated!

Thank you again for such a nice hotel. I used to stay at Country Inn & Suites with my family in the past and understand the Ayres Family owned that chain. I think your family is the best to treat guests so hospitably. If i ever owned a hotel chain, it would be like yours!

I want to personally thank you and highly recommend this hotel chain to anyone.

Susan L. Friesen, Santa Maria, CA

Room Tip: We appreciated the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Susan -

Thank you so much for your very kind and detailed review. It was an honor having you as a guest of our hotel. I am at a loss for words as to how to show my gratitude to you for sharing your positive experience as well as the experiences of fellow hotel guests. It means a great deal that we were able to provide you a comfortable stay and that you keep returning to the Ayres chain. I will be sure to share your comments with the team here at the hotel as well as with the Ayres family. Again, thank you. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Davis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My daughter and I joined a friend of hers and her mother for a trip to Redlands to visit a local college. We had two different rooms and were both very pleased. We had a king room with a sofa, they had a room with two queens. While i do not agree with their description of a 'european boutique hotel,' we all thought it was great, especially for the price! (We were at first put off by the rooms with doors opening to the outside..to us that felt more like a motel...but again, we had rooms that opened to the courtyard and pool, but be prepared for a property that is not fully enclosed).
Think of it like a regional 'embassy suites' kind of place....we all enjoyed the complimentary complete breakfast that included eggs, sausage, hash browns, cereal, etc., plus omelettes made to order. We got a deal with through a travel site with a car that made the room less than $50 per night!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Phyllisfromdavis -

Thank you very much for your review of Ayres Hotel Redlands. I appreciate your kind remarks regarding the accommodations and breakfast as well as your candid comments about the hotel's description. We are one of two properties in the Ayres Hotels of Southern California collection that are exterior loaded, meaning entry to the rooms can be found on the outside of the building. We want to be sure we are being as accurate as possible in our portrayal of the hotel, so I have shared your comments with our marketing team to ensure accuracy of information on our website. Never the less, I am pleased that you found your overall stay exceptional and look forward to your next visit.

Chris Ehorn

Been to Ayres Hotel Redlands? Share your experiences!