“I don't know where these other people stayed!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Redlands / San Bernardino

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Redlands / San Bernardino to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Redlands / San Bernardino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1151 Arizona Street, Redlands, CA 92374   |
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Redlands
Central Coast CA
“I don't know where these other people stayed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I counted on these reviews, and decided on this place for myself and two teenage kids. We do a lot of road trips, and all of us felt that this was the worst place we had ever stayed. The bed was unbelievable, when I sat on the edge I sunk to the bedspring with pokey springs at the sides. The shower leaked all over the floor of the bathroom no matter how sealed I made the curtain. The "breakfast" was some packaged muffin things and fake orange juice (like powdered or something?) But the worst thing of all was that all three of us woke up with red welty bites.

Maybe they fill their best rooms (best beds, etc) first, we didn't get there until 10pm or so, and we were given a room on the ground floor right near the office. That might explain the other reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have stayed here twice, and will stay at this hotel again. I arrived around 10:00 PM each time and the staff was very kind. The king size bed is comfortable and the rooms were very clean. I also liked the fact that it was not noisy. I did not stay for the breakfast so I can't comment on that, there is a Denny's right next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
92020
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this America's Best Value Inn for two nights. The weekend we stayed there was graduation weekend at the University of Redlands. We reserved a ground level floor with one king bed, it had a small refrigerator, a microwave and free HBO & wifi. The room was neat and clean and as they have pictured on tripadvisor. The bed was comfortable, the water in the shower was hot and had good water pressure! There was a Spring special going on so we saved 20% on our room charge because we stayed two nights. We chose this motel based on availability and the reviews we read in tripadvisor prior to making a reservation. They have a great staff, they were very friendly and helpful. The owner was very accommodating and eager to please guests, we asked for extra towels and if another family member could leave his car there while we attended the graduation; both requests were granted with a smile! This is a basic motel, there is no pool or patio area for swimming or lounging; are two levels, no elevator. They have two parking spaces for vehicles with handicapped plates or placards. The continental breakfast is in the lobby each morning. There is one table with chairs. Their selection for breakfast was: cold cereal, mini donuts, mini muffins, milk, orange juice and coffee with sugar & creamer. There is a Denny's Restaurant right next door if you desire more food for breakfast. We went to Denny's. Their service and food was good, fast and hot. We would probably stay there again if we are in the Redlands area. Improvements they could make: expand their selections for breakfast to include artificial sweeteners for coffee, add hot water and tea bags, and include fresh fruit (apples, oranges & bananas) yogurt (regular & sugar free) to be a bit more healthy for carbohydrate conscious persons and diabetics.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Petaluma, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I've stayed at several different hotels in Redlands, and in this price range, this hotel was awesome. The rooms are clean and spacious, and quiet. The front desk and staff were so attentive. I am here with a cycling event and they accommodated my every need, from a water faucet key to using their laundry, taking up several parking spaces (for nearly a week), and getting me a large refrigerator for my room late one evening on the spur of a moment. I recommend this hotel and will be back for sure. I thank them so much for making my job much easier because they were such great hosts!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I travel a lot working through the whole year. I've seen literally HUNDREDS of hotels. This one is really nice and very inexpensive. The rooms have been recently remodeled and the beds are great. Management is very friendly and attentive to whatever you need. If you check in at night dont let the check in window fool you, most all hotels in this area have one. It is walking distance from many restaurants, and shopping. It is STEPS away from a Dennys just incase you get hungry in the middle of the night. It is located right off of I-10 but you cant hear traffic. overall its an AWESOME place to stay and I will be visiting again when I come back to the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
N/A
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I spent 3 days looking for an affordable motel in the Inland Empire and have to say I was stunned when I found this Jewel of a motel.

A lovely building, clean charming rooms and a very thoughtful staff that are dependable, courteous, friendly and professional every day.

It is surprising to find such a wonderful motel so affordable, and if you are staying more than a few days you will be delighted by the generous weekly rates.

This is all in a very quiet and safe neighborhood less than a minute from the freeway and less than 5 minutes from many restaurants, shopping centers and entertainment.

About a mile to the nicest little laundrymat Ive seen. Dennys is about 100 feet from your room. A short drive to all of the popular locations in Southern California.

A rare combination of affordability and quality.

Room Tip: I chose non-smoking.