“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Redding
Los Angeles
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We were only here for one night, but: location fine, beds comfy, room had sleeping area separated from living room by a small hallway (no doors) where the bathroom was (which was nice, so my wife and I could watch TV while the kids slept). The pool area was busy, but with lots of kids (which our kids liked), located in a central courtyard. It's certainly a 2-star place (with nightly 2-drink per person "social" and hot breakfast buffet), but great value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My family and I picked the Oxford Suites for their great water works park package, when we checked in we were greeted by a helpful young lady who was not only friendly but very knowlegeable of the area and gave great tips on what to do and see while in Redding It was a busy weekend but we were given wonderful customer service, and our room was great lots of space and one of the cleanest i have every been in. We were given two free drinks and snacks at night and had an increadable breakfast each morning. i would recommend the Oxford Suites to anyone coming to Redding.

Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We frequently drive from Monterey to Oregon and Redding is our half way overnight stop. This trip I was traveling with my 2 kids and our dog. I paid $157 for a 2 queen room that was pet friendly. Having read other Trip Advisor reviews I was looking forward to a comfortable room. Presumably in order to clean rooms easily that have had pets in them the flooring was made of a plastic fake wood material. It was sticky to walk on. The whole room felt like a dog run at a kennel with nice beds in it! The whole decor was faded and dark and faintly depressing. We won't be staying here again.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Having stayed at the Pismo Oxford Suites many times, it was a no brainer to stay at the Redding one for our Mt. Shasta weekend getaway. Everyone staff member we encountered was super friendly and upon requests for an extra couple of bath towels, housekeeping delivered it within a matter of 2 minutes. Comfortable rooms with heated pool and spa, evening reception, and buffet breakfast makes this place a steal. My only "issue" is I wish the A/C was quieter but otherwise a great stay!

Room Tip: Get the top floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Oxford Suites was great. I asked for a quiet room as I was studying for an exam. I got a nice room tucked away near the manager's apartment, and it was absolutely quiet. Then, I threw my back out the day before my exams and was flat on my back. They drove me to the pharmacy and the next day loaned me a large pillow to use as support while I was in my exams. They got the doors for me, helped me carry my things and the staff was so incredibly nice and friendly. Two free drinks per night and a full breakfast every morning. When I go back to Redding, I will only stay there. I was so impressed!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want, they will try hard to help!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
San Luis Obispo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed here 3 days and enjoyed the evening appetizers and drinks. Also they have a complimentary breakfast. Rooms are comfortable with an adjacent room with desk, couch, dresser, and 2nd TV. You can close it off with sliding doors.
Marie Callender's is across the driveway.

Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had a large group of 20 people and 2 motor homes. No problem parking the motor homes, breakfast was good and when the eating area was full they opened the confrence area for us. Clean rooms,a nice work out area and easy to get on and off of the freeway. very good restaurants in walking distance. I would stay again anytime.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Oxford Suites Redding? Share your experiences!