“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Redding
San Jose, California
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is the second year we have stayed at the Red Lion Redding during the first week of May. Both times our experience was very pleasant. The front desk personnel, especially Rozy, were extremely friendly and helpful. Great room. Clean and comfy bed. Best pillows ever!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool or Hilltop will be quieter than facing the rear of the property (freeway noise...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Not my first trip to the Red Lion in Redding and it wont be my last. The place is in need of some paint and updating but the largest reason to stay here is the staff. They are awesome. From the time I do the reservation through to check out, they are warm friendly and really helpful. Nothing is too much for them to make my stay comfortable.

The pool is great but little cold. The rooms are quite large. It is quiet, clean and really great value.

The only reason I marked it down was because of the breakfast. The 1 morning I had it, there were no burners on the heaters and everything was cold.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lodi, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE! If they had zero stars available, this hotel would earn it. This was the worst hotel experience I have had in my life. I booked this hotel through Priceline which was a mistake. My wife and I checked in at 9pm and unloaded our things. The room was very stuffy so I turned on the air conditioner to cool down and air out the room while we had dinner at a nearby restaurant. When we returned we noticed the a/c was not working. We called the front desk and notified them of the problem with the air conditioning. The lady on the phone acted as if we were bothering her and informed me that the building's air conditioning was controlled by the corporate office and it hadn't been switched from winter mode to summer mode and that there was nothing she could do. When I told her that it was over 85 degrees in the room and unbearable she actually suggested that we sleep with the sliding glass door open. The glass door opened directly to the rear parking lot with no barriers and faced the interstate. When I told her that was not safe and unacceptable she stated she could switch us rooms but that we were going to have the same problem with the air conditioner. I told here that was unreasonable considering what they charge for the room and told her we would like a refund and leave. She said that would be fine so we packed up all our thing and loaded them back into the car. When we approached the front desk she informed us that she could not give us a refund because we used Priceline to book the room. She then suggested we move to a room upstairs so we can keep the door open to the balcony. The hotel refused to refund because I payed with Priceline. I called Priceline to get a refund and they refused because the hotel offered us another room. I finally give up on a resolution at 12:30am and just drove back home all night since our plans had been ruined. Very poorly run business,

• Stayed April 2013
Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience experienced at our property with your air conditioning. I want to assure you that our staff does their best to assure our guests receive the accommodations they ask for with all mechanical items are in good working order. I appreciate your concern and we are doing everything in our power to insure this does not happen again in the future.

Our consistent goals of cleanliness, food quality, security and friendly service require diligent attention to feedback from our guests. We have already addressed your experience to insure future guests have a more positive experience. Your added input has been additionally helpful. Thank you for your correspondence.

Thank you very much for your valuable comments.
Geyserville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We got the last rooms during a car show. I was thinking that since the car show was going on and there seems to be lots of people in the party mode that it would be a long night. I had a good nights rest though. When we got to our room the was a dog barking across the hall. I called the front desk, they must have taken care of the problem as soons after the dog stopped and we never heard it again. The room was updated, clean, spacious and had a good bed and pillows. We ate in the lounge and had a decent meal and drinks. The live entertainment was surprisingly good band. There were and good mix of 30+ crowd dancing. Waitress was very fun!

Room Tip: It can be a long walk to the lobby and lounge so if you have someone disabled as in our party be sur...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just returned from a 4 day stay at the Red Lion Inn in Redding and attended the Cool April Nights car show. We had a great time and really enjoyed our stay there. The location, staff, and rooms were great. The only minor complaint that I would have is the breakfast buffet. We were disappointed in the food and felt that even at $6 per person, that it wasn't very good. Other than that, it was a great trip.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor, but not facing the street. It was quieter than the front rooms an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Lacey, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here while on a road trip from Washington. Best hotel of the trip, we stayed on the way down and on the way up. The second time I was told about the Red Lion Rewards Club. I wish I had known about this before! Free upgrades every time you stay, plus earn points toward a free night. We were upgraded to a king balcony room with breakfast for the price of a queen room. The room was clean and the view of the courtyard was great. However, the breakfast was served between the hours of 6-9 am. We got there at about 8:30. The food was soggy and had obviously been our for over an hour. I'm just glad we got the breakfast for free, because I would not have been happy paying $10 a person for old eggs and soggy potatoes. the fridge in the room did clunk on and off, but I can be a light sleeper. It is a good quality road trip hotel- especially considering most hotels at similar price points are outdated and usually have some kind of smell.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room. Or, if you have lots of things to load and unload, ask for a room with a sl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Folsom, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here on our trip to Lassen Volcanic National Park. We were unaware of the cities like Burney and other which are closer to the Park.
Breakfast is not included which is a downside. The rooms are clean and the sleep was comfortable.
It located close to stores and food joints so that was a plus.
Overall, I am not sure I ll come back here for a night, however, it is good if you are not looking for too much value for your buck.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion Hotel Redding? Share your experiences!