“Nice and accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Redding
Homestead, Florida
“Nice and accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a week for some training in redding. Overall a fairly nice say. Upon check in the front desk was very nice ad place in me a room o my choice. I chose pool side bottom floor. The room was fairly small but pretty comfortable. Bed was comfortable and had good pillows. The bathroom was clean but did not provide a tub, only a shower which is fine with me. The only complaint I found in the room was the very outdated television that seemed to have a certain humming background due to it's age. Not an expensive fix and one that should be done asap. Breakfast is cheap and it is hot and has a staple scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and a variety of continental items. They do have an onsite espresso area which you can enjoy for an additional fee. Breakfast is just over 5.00 and worth the price. Overall a good place to stay and will choose to stay there again when I return.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Huntersville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed here one night with a group. The property is well maintained. The rooms were large. Beds nice. Heating/Cooling unit with thermostat. Fridge. TV.

One of the nicest breakfast buffets. Real bacon and tons of fresh fruit salad, along with everything else.

Had a great workout in the gym. Got a very warm but propped door open with a towel.

My complaint is room 260. It stunk like mold. Bad. This room should never be rented. I asked to switch but they would not move me even though there were many identical rooms that were not checked in yet. I gutted it out but paid the next day with severe sinus issues. I was at a conference all day and had to sit in the back because I could not stop sneezing.

Our other party's room smelled fine.

I guess I would recommend this place but if you get room 260, run away.

• Stayed February 2012
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

They were so nice - treated me and my dog as welcome guests. Gave me a better rate than I was quoted when I made the reservation by phone. The room was clean, fresh, and comfortable. Nice linens and soaps. Room service was great and quick even though it was New Year's eve.

There was a well lit area to walk the dog and feel safe. (Thumbs down on the rude guest who failed to clean up after his dog - you make it tougher on the rest of us!).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Escondido, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Stayed 3 nites here and found it to be very pleasant, comfortable and quiet. Excellent buffet breakfast. Room was clean and welcoming. Staff were gracious and helpful. A great stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011 via mobile

When we first entered the halls of the hotel it had a terrible mildew smell, which extended to the room. Right when we walked in you could see that the bathroom was not even cleaned. The toilet and toilet seat were discusting! The shower has Absolutly no pressure. The bed was so old and uncomfortible that neither one of us slept for more than a couple hours. We planned to be there for two nights but checked out after one and went across the street to the Hampton Inn.

Very disappointed!

• Stayed November 2011
Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I was deeply concerned to learn about your experience with the condition of your bathroom and the odor you encountered en route to your room. I want to assure you that our staff does their best to insure our guests receive the service and accommodations in full working order and clean. I sincerely apologize we fell short during your stay. I appreciate your concern and we are doing everything in our power to insure this does not happen again in the future.

Our consistent goals of cleanliness, food quality, security and friendly service require diligent attention to feedback from our guests. We have already addressed your experience to insure future guests have a more positive experience. Your added input has been additionally helpful. Thank you for your correspondence.
Medford, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

My daughter and I stayed 2 nites, but slept just a few hours. It was the loudest place I ever payed almost $300 to stay. No room service or cafe, just a bar. Not even a section in the guest book with food suggestions. on the up side, the employees were nice, although understaffed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience experienced at our property with noise from other guests. I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to sleep.

Our hotel does occasionally books sports teams which was the case during your stay. Ordinarily teams do not present an issue to other guests in the hotel but unfortunately this time one of the teams was particularly unruly. We will be taking this into consideration should that particular team wish to book again.

Thank you very much for your valuable comments.
Cloverdale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

On Oct. 31st we stayed at this property. Very clean. Lobby very attractive. Nice Bar and Grill. Room was spacious and immaculate. Bathrooms very roomy. Very quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard would be more attractive.