“okay, but don't expect any frills” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Redding North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1250 Twin View Blvd, Redding, CA 96003   |
Ranked #25 of 39 hotels in Redding
Seattle, WA
“okay, but don't expect any frills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

This is a perfectly clean, decent place for a night or two on a budget--but don't expect ANYTHING resembling frills (like shampoo, kleenex, an iron in the room, or even one to borrow from the office!) The towels are thin, the pillows are flat..but for $50 a night, you can't ask for a whole lot more! Our room on the side away from the freeway was actually pretty quiet, but be sure to ask for that side--I think the other side would be noisy. The coin laundry was a handy feature. They have WiFi, but it costs $3 a day.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

If you need a place to stay just off the I-5 and don't expect palatial opulence, this may be the motel for you: very friendly staff, pet friendly and rates friendly to your wallet. Our room was well maintained, nicely furnished and very clean; well above expectations relative to other accommodations at this price point. Luckily, we were facing away from the freeway so there was no road noise (ask to be on the east side if noise bothers you). All things considered, as another reviewer wrote, the Motel 6 Redding North rates 5 stars in its class.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I stayed at this Motel 6 last week-end and was pleasantly surprised because it's much better than any other Motel 6 I have ever stayed in: the best part is that the staff is so friendly. When I arrived, I talked to the manager, Doris, who patiently answered tons of questions and showed me the room I would be staying in. I also talked to Erica, who was one of the friendliest front desk clerks you could imagine. All the other staff members were also very friendly. I only planned to stay one night, but ended up staying my entire vacation there, mostly because it felt like coming home to family at night. I also like its proximity to and view of the mountains: it's located at the north (mountain) end of town, away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. The room and the pool were very clean, and everything was functioning well. I am planning to return there many times more. I highly recommend this place. It's also very affordable. I see some comments comparing it to the Ramada: I think you have to look at a Motel within its category: at the Motel 6 you are paying about $50.- - $60 per night (this includes tax already), depending on the day of the week and the amount of people in your party. So of course you don't have all the same amenities that a hotel that costs three times as much can offer. It seemed perfectly fine for families, and many families stayed there, as well as travelling workers. It does have WiFi, but that costs $3.- extra, and it has washing machines. The only weird part: the showers are a little low. Yes, it's located near Hwy 5, but I did not notice the noise from the freeway really. It's very convenient, because one exit down is the road to Mt. Lassen (Hwy 44), and hopping on Hwy 5 you are in the mountains within five minutes. One exit down is a supermarket, Starbucks, Subway and more. So I am giving this motel five stars within its category.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Crestline, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Over the many years I have been traveling, I have stayed in many budget motels including an almost uncounted number of Motel 6 locations. As most Americans know, Motel 6 can be a hit or miss proposition with the misses being very bad and occasionally downright frightening. The latter is definitely not the case with the Motel 6 Redding North as it is one of the three best Motel 6 locations I have ever had the pleasure of staying at.

Upon arrival and check-out, once could not ask for a more friendly, efficient, and knowledgable staff. I felt welcome and right at home as soon as I first entered the office.

The outside of the motel is clean and well kept. My room was on the east side of the motel facing the surface street instead of Interstate 5 so it was extra quiet. Out my window I was able to enjoy a nice view of Lassen Peak out in the distance.

Inside the room, everything was clean, working, and in decent condition. Of course, this is a Motel 6 so do not expect absolute perfection or big frills. Yes, maybe some paint and detailing could be done here and there but it is no big deal especially for the price and considering nothing in the room could be considered dingy.

The television set seemed to work well but I hardly watched it. It has the usual small compliment of channels that one always gets at a Motel 6. The wireless Internet which costs a mere $2.99 a night was very fast and solid. However, I did need to use my antenna extension to get a good signal as I had to travel with my regular computer instead of a laptop so keep that in mind if you too have to bring a regular tower.

All I can add is this...I had to stay at this Motel 6 because I am looking to move further north in the Pacific Northwest and did not want to do it all in one big, long drive. After I get a job, I will be sending for my sweetie and her elderly mother to bring up the remainder of our belongings. I will be able to rest easy knowing that they will be safe and getting a good night's rest at the Motel 6 Redding North.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Long Beach California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

For Motel 6 this was very clean and well maintained. It looked freshly painted and updated. It is the usual bare-bones set up with no real amenities. As usual, pick the side not facing the freeway.

Stayed February 2008
SF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

Your basic Motel 6, room was clean, towels thicker than your average Mo6 offering. Front desk very friendly and helpful. Good areas for pet relief, pick up please. :-)
One exit south, then right, is all the fast food options, shopping area, Starbucks.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

We stayed at the Motel 6 Redding North for one night on February 16, 2006. We were looking for an easy, cheap place to stay for the night after a long afternoon of driving. We have stayed in other Motel 6 locations before, so we weren't concerned that this would be different. Boy were we ever wrong!
We stayed in a first floor room, which was the dirtiest motel room I have ever stayed in. The walls were stained, the shower was covered in mold, and in the middle of the night the patrons in the room right next to ours got in a fight and used every profane word known to mankind! This woke our children up and they heard this awful exchange of words. We called the front desk and they contacted the individuals staying in the room, but we weren't able to fall back asleep after that terrifying moment. Upon checking out very early the next morning, we wanted out of there as fast as we could, I told the front desk that our stay was terrible and they basically ignored my complaint and didn't offer a refund or apology. Just a warning, if you are driving through Redding late at night and need a place to stay, avoid the Motel 6 at all costs, it is very scary!

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Motel 6 Redding North? Share your experiences!