“Really not a good place” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Redding Central
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1640 Hilltop Drive, Redding, CA 96002   |
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Redding
Bakersfield, California
“Really not a good place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was moving from Oregon to Ca (why???, long story) My Aunt and I needed a cheap place to stay and Motel 6 allows cats. We were downstairs. This was in October. I don't recall what it cost but I do recall it wasn't that cheap. The room was NO FRILLS -Motel 6 means it when the say no frills. We had a few towels, small shower, few channels on our TV. lots of noise outside our door. A restaurant was out in front and the people were very loud. Bed was hard and not that comforable. Smelled bad too. Probably all the spray they used after each animal. But, Motel 6 is one of only a handful of places willing to take pets (I really mean cats) without charging you extra for it. So Motel 6 has that going for them. If you have a dog, you probably can find a competetive (moneywise) place to stay but when you have a cat-nooooooooooooobody really wants to rent you room.

Room Tip: There are three Motel 6's in Redding. Maybe the others are better.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Arrived late and was given a room on the 2nd floor. The people next door were EXTREMELY loud, had kids running all over the place, and had the shower going (it was about 1230-1AM). It didn't look too busy so I'm not sure why they couldn't spread people out more. The room smelled like stale cigarettes even though I asked for non-smoking. My guess is that they don't wash their linen separately. TV remote barely worked, bed made me itchy and was uncomfortable. Would not stay here again unless my only other option was to sleep outside, and even then I may choose that.

At least the front desk girl was nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Redding, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This motel is off Hwy. 5 at the twin view exit. For the price it was a good clean motel. I have a dog and the accommedated me. I would recommend it, if you are strapped for cash. The people are friendly but we have a large selection to choose from here in Redding.

Room Tip: If you need a reasonable place to stay and you have a pet, this is an convenient motel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had a late arrival 12/3/2013 11:00pm I was given the type of room I had requested.Motel 6 #95 Hilltop. I found the bed to be very comfortable.I requested a quiet room. I was given the one.I slept very good. However, as in previous reviews. I Could never get the room temperatures adjusted. Too hot or cold.I slept ok. Just wake up to turn it down or up.The Shower fan was very loud. I liked the location lots of places to choose from to go out to eat.I liked having Marie Callenders, two blocks away.Yes! Inspite of the heating problems.I will stay again! They have a very professional staff..Steve N Las Vegas, Nevada.....

• Stayed December 2013
Lawndale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Requested ground floor - I have a bad knee. They had it ready for me when I arrived.
Had also requested non-smoking, two bed. They had it ready for me!
They really did leave the light on for me!
Check in was easy.
Room was clean.
Check out was easy.
Will stay here next time I visit Redding, CA, on my way to Seattle from Los Angeles.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you need to, request a ground floor unit.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
La Quinta, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a corporate motel 6 not owned by an individual but by a corporation. At check in the staff were nice and tried to help. The first room stunk of tobacco. In the walls, curtains and carpet.
I asked for a change and they said they would spray chemical air freshener in there. I declined. they gave me another room. too many kids running about and screaming, Nightmare. But the top cheek of all was they wanted $2.99 for the internet. I complained and they comped me but it didn't work well and crashed more than once and they could do nothing at the desk, so i ended up using my iphone hotspot. Jokers. avoid it.

Room Tip: Yes a room at another motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Motel 6 veterans know the drill, it's a basic room without anything special. This old-school Motel 6 still has the ancient connecting-rooms design which is great for a traveling family. Every few nights we like to splurge on two rooms so our family of four can each have our own bed and finally get a restful night's sleep. Since this Motel 6 is so old it does seem like the cigarette smoke has permanently invaded everything. While I've never had any noise issues here myself, this could happen anywhere and when it does there's a simple solution: earplugs.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Redding Central? Share your experiences!