“This has really gone downhill!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Redding South

You added Motel 6 Redding South to your Saves list
Motel 6 Redding South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2385 Bechelli Lane, I-5 at Cypress Avenue, Redding, CA 96001   |
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Redding
“This has really gone downhill!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the last eight years or so and have always been pleased with the service and accommodation which was always reliably clean and safe. I have recommended this place to friends and fellow travelers
I spent the night the other day and was horrified at the filthy toilet, the huge stains on the carpet and a door which was almost impossible to lock and also appeared to have been forced in the recent past. I should have complained, but I had driven 700 miles and was exhausted. There were many unsupervised children who were making a huge noise.
I will have to find a new stop on my travels through Redding

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Typical no-frills Motel 6 amenities, but stands above others in cleanliness and the friendliness of desk clerks (on both check-in and check-out). Unlike most M6's, our room had a full bath tub instead of dinky shower stall.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Evanston, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Clean, quiet enough, the room was small with one bed. NO coffee pot or clock or other such extras were in the room but we did get HBO.They charged $2.99 a day for internet! The place is priced like the nicer motels I stayed in but just isnt as nice, except for the price it would classify as an 'economical' one night only stay! This is the first place I ever saw a safety warning on the door to lock both locks and they are not responsible for theft from vehichles. not a great sign?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Tan Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

Have stayed here at least ten tmes And always get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2011
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I reserved on the phone, and was told I would get two queen beds and a room not facing the freeway. I arrived 10 minutes later and got one bed and a room facing the freeway. It was too late for me to look for something else, so I settled for it. The front desk clerk claimed it did not face the freeway, but it most certainly did.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I've stayed @ this location prior & was pleased. Not any longer! The woman I made the reservations with said I'd have 2 beds (for my teenage son & 1 for meI). Arrived & they only had a room w/1 bed. The lady @ the front desk was friendly. I found hair on my pillow, between the sheets & on the towel in the bathroom. I thought it was odd, but didn't think twice about the flea that jumped on my arm before bed. Turned off A/C & went to bed. Itched most of the night. In the morning walked to the bathroom-feet started to feel pinching only to find 10-20 fleas on each foot! The warm air apparently woke up the flea infested room. Packed up quickly & told the front desk. Was offered 50% of next stay at that location. Not Happy!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is a typical Motel 6: no worse and not better really. The room was clean and everything worked fine in the room. Front counter staff was friendly and the check-in clerk even called me up 30 minutes after I settled in to see if everything was OK. This motel is right on Interstate 5 so it is noisy. They set me up with a room facing west (away from the freeway) and it was quiet. Other rooms on the east side may be noisy. The only problem was that the bed was pretty bad. You could feel every spring in the mattress. The mattress pad may have been queen-size at one time but at shrunk to some odd size somewhere between twin and full. I’d say that the bed was my only problem.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from I-5 for quietness.