“Pretty Nice For The Price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 38 hotels in Redding
Medford, Oregon
“Pretty Nice For The Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed here with my kids on a wednesday as we were driving through to our destination. My kids are very, very, very picky. Especially on a family trip they tend to be more picky. They like to pay more for things becuase they believe it makes it better....Anyways i got a great deal on the room and believe it or not the three rooms we had were much better than some rooms that we have bought for $120. We were all amazed to find a refrigerator and a microwave in all our rooms. We didnt even have suites, just regular rooms with two beds which were very comfy, and i almost wanted to steal there pillows haha. And they actually have one of the larger pools that i have seen at a hotel. The kids had a lot of fun jumping in the pool and then relaxing in the spa afterwards. I was reading through some of the reviews on here and was a little astonished at some of the negative remarks but i know i enjoyed my stay. My family liked the place, and my wallet did too haha. Next time i drive thru the town il deffinitly stop there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
wanderingbeagle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I had meant to reserve my room at the motel next door instead of this one. This was a mistake. We requested a room on the ground floor but the guy at the desk told me that all the other rooms were already booked. Funny, since the parking lot was not full later that night. Yes, we experienced the green bedsheets, green carpet, etc. That would have been ok if the room had been clean, which it wasn't. There were strands of hair on one of the shelves in the bathroom. The AC unit plastic casing was held on with a bandaid. I guess tape wasn't available or someone cut themselves repairing the AC, who knows...The shower was in a separate room with a narrow door--it was not for the claustrophobic. There was a pool, but I didn't use it. Saw a couple of kids jump in and laughing, so it must have been OK. As I said, it was my mistake as I booked the wrong place, but now I know better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Motel room was rundown, needs to be updated. Late night staff not very friendly. Definitely would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
cali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I dunno what the other reviewerrs are complaining about. This is my 2nd stay here, I've found it well run with the girl on desk very & informative about local stuff, nice solid free Wi-Fi The breakfast nook is HUGE improvement over the old $5 certificate for the restaurant next door-free hot wafflesm, cereal, oj. I'll be back. Plus, what does it matter what previous name brands the propertty went by?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chico, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I booked this hotel for Kool April Nites 2011 through Expedia.com, this motel is less than a mile from the convention center, so it was convenient for us. Check-in was after 2 PM, check-out at 11 AM. Looking at the pictures on their website, it looked nice and clean. They also had pictures of their pool and jacuzzi, which looked very clean and prestine! We've been duped! We checked in, and the room smelled a little funky, like minced onions or an armpit with no deodorant. This is a very smelly, run-down motel. Also, they do not have any housekeeping. The rates are a little pricey for a motel like this. We seen a roach crawl out of the microwave when opened it. Mildew in the bathroom! Both the shower head and drain. That make sense since there is no housekeeping. Beds were extremely uncomfortable and I could feel bed bugs crawling on my skin. [EWWWW] Not to mention, the blankets were stained and a dingy green color. [wtf?] Breakfast consisted of generic cereal brands and coffee, tea, and white bread. The basic. I traveled with 3 guests, and we felt like sardines in a can. The whole building was booked, so there was a lot of people. We witnessed a fight during our stay. The owners are very anal about noise. I would NOT recommend this run-down motel to anyone. So expensive for sh1tty accommodations! Rude owners. I vill never come to this hotel buddy!!!

I later found out there were more rooms available on the strip where Kool April Nites cruise was being held at, by Hilltop Dr. FML!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Front desk clerk was rude. Having to ring the bell at 6:30pm to check-in and receiving the attitude that we just interupetd her from her favorite show only to get the "what do you want" treatment should of have been warning enough. There were no friendly welcomes, no "breakast will be served,...none of those courtesy schpeels (?) that are usual with hotel check-ins when you are handing over your hard earned cash. We specifically asked for a ground floor room and was told "yes, that is available" then we were handed keys to a room on the second floor. A "newly renovated room" no less. Sparing an arguement, we took the keys and made way to the newly renovated room. It reaked of I dont know what, the furnishings were beaten up and scattered, the queen size bed was hard and sheeted with worn down green sheets, (WTF) and the bathroom, well, that is another story. I guess it was'nt part of the renovation program. Rust & mold border the shower stall, tiles are broken, grout throughout is rotted and missing but the hightlight? The bathroom light fixture is filled with dead flies of days gone by,... Oh my. The luxury swimming pool and jacuzzi area is more like bring yer rod, some worms and a pony keg, hang out and fish from the murky waters of the Rodeway River pond, (since you can't see the bottom of the pool), maybe you can land some kind of swimming creature. The jacuzzi however, was warm but put on your frog-suit and jump from liliy pad to pad which should easily be done since I dont believe it has been cleaned since "renovation" - it is loaded with leaves. I have yet to comment on the 'continental breakfast' with fresh waffles'. Can hardly wait. I am not complaining, honeslty, just trying to fore-warn innocent travelers looking for a reasonalbe place to stay and that actually "looks" like the intriging ad used to lure one in. Hell, It worked on me!!! Does anybody remember the movie Falling Down? This place is just that. Without this Lovely Raspberry Vodka Martini I am sipping on (with a lemon twist), I just may go Michael Douglas on this place! Good Luck and Happy Travels! PS: On a lighter note? Yes, the TV and the free WI-FI works as does the ice machine, the doors do lock even though they look like the've been kicked in (or out-which doesn't surprise me) a time or two - Thank Goodness for the internet and A-L-C-O-H-O-L!!!.

• Stayed March 2011
Shoreline, Washington USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

TripAdvisor comments let us down on this one - an almost unique experience. The only thing that recommends this place is that they allow dogs - in one of two rooms.
The room reeked of a sweet, sickly smell that the owner told us the next morning was due to prior guest burning candles. Our soft side luggage still smells a week later.
The furnishings are not nice - the side chairs looked like dining room chairs picked up at a thrift shop. We used our air mattress as the bed was hard (it now sports a wax spot from the candles).
The pool was closed for the season. It was a good thing - it was full of leaves as was the hot tub, which we were told was open.
The continental breakfast was very basic. It was served in a room with dirty, spotted chairs.
We feel we were overcharged. Only two other hotels on our seven week, 10,000+ mile trip were worse values. It is not close to I-5 - it is on the old 99.
We would stay next door at the Travelodge or, maybe a small, old non-affiliated property.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Redding? Share your experiences!