We found the Best Western Hilltop Inn to be a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced room at about $120 a night: a perfectly acceptable place to stay for a night on our drive from San Jose to Seattle. The room comes with a microfridge, tucked under the bathroom sink (which is outside the bathroom). The bathroom was actually slightly larger than the bathroom at the Marriott Residence Inn we stayed at the night before. Even though the room had an outside entrance facing the parking lot, we found the room quite quiet throughout the night. The bed was a comfortable pillowtop, and temperature was controlled by a thermostat (as opposed to a knob on the heating/AC unit. We appreciated the free internet access and free parking.
Also, my partner found the complimentary breakfast buffet to have far better variety and food quality than average. We've stayed at many hotels, and he found this breakfast buffet to be one of the best, plus it had plenty of room for all the breakfast eaters.
We did have one issue with the room: Although our room with a king-sized bed was of average length, it had a narrow width. The desk was positioned along the middle of one of the longer walls so that if you're sitting at the desk, the bed is behind you. If an adult is sitting at the desk, there is no way to get past the bed, other than climbing on the bed to get around the person at the desk. And if you're the person sleeping on the side of the bed further from the bathroom, you have to make sure you push in the desk chair before you go to bed so you won't bump into it, otherwise it will completely block your path to the bathroom. Thus, a room with a king-sized bed might be awkward to stay in if you have more than one person in the room, or are staying for more than a night or two.
Still, we found this motel a perfectly good place for a one-night stay on a road trip, and would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique AAA three-diamond hotel is located within the heart of one of the country's most beautiful regions - the Shasta Cascade. Our 114 upscale guestrooms have been tastefully decorated, offering either King, 2 Queens,or King with Sofabed. Hotel amenities: Free full hot breakfast buffet, complimentary high-speed wireless internet access, free business center, free local & toll free phone access,fitness center, complimentary DVD rentals, free USA Today newspaper Mon-Fri, outdoor heated pool & spa, in-room refrigerator, guest laundry, ample parking and conference room banquet facilities hold up to 100 persons. Relax and enjoy our on-site award winning restaurant C.R. Gibbs American Grille - lunch 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 'Nutzy Hour' 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., dinner 4:00 p.m. to closing. Enjoy dining on our outside patio. Only blocks away from high end shopping, specialty shops and two miles from California's newest destination icon the Sundial Bridge at Turtle Bay Museum and Arboretum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hilltop Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hilltop Hotel Redding
- Best Western Hilltop Hotel
- Best Western Redding
- Redding Best Western