“Leave the gun bring the cannolis” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Est. in 1982 by Nello Melie, Nello's Place has become a landmark between Seattle and San Diego, known for it's unique atmosphere, exquisite service, and truly amazing dishes. Reservations can be made by phone or by visiting our website.
Eugene, Oregon
“Leave the gun bring the cannolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My first time here I have heard many good feedback from people I have sent there. Went there tonight with a party of five to try for myself. The wow began right away the waste staff all new there jobs and performed as if in a gastronomical ballet. Very impressive haven't had that quality of service in a very long time. Quite beautiful having everything you needed before you asked.The food came steadily but not rushed. We dined soup to nuts and never felt overly full at least six courses. It is a gem hidden in plain sight in Redding, CA. Love it, love it, love it! Thanks Nello's.....

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Anderson, California
“Nice Italian in the North State”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went to Nello's Place with a group of friends on a Friday night in the middle of December. We'd been there before about a year ago and many months before that. I was not very impressed with my previous visits, so wasn't expecting much. I was quite surprised at the difference! The waiting staff was wonderful-right there with our large group whenever there was an empty glass or a need for more bread, etc. The place was packed, and the patrons were lively and engrossed in happy conversation-a good sign everyone was having fun. Our appetizers were very good. The calamari was done to perfection, and antipasto and crab cakes were very nice as well. The sourdough bread was warm and wonderful. My only gripe was in my main course. I ordered the seafood fettuccine. The noodles were hard on the top, like it had sat for a long time under a heat lamp. The sauce should have been warm and velvety, but was starting to harden as well and the whole dish was way over-salted. My husband had the veal cordon bleu, and he was not impressed with the dish-WAY TOO much garlic! I tasted his as well-and the garlic was so over-powering, you couldn't really taste anything else. As for dessert-the cheesecake was delish! The tiramasu was a popular choice for a few of our group-and they loved it. The banana's foster was OK, although I've had much better. The waiting staff put on a neat show, making it at the table. The waiters really made the experience special-they were all very neatly dressed in their white, long sleeved shirts and attentive to their customers. They were truly a "cut above", and we appreciated it!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Redding, California
“Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this place. Old world elegant dinning. The food is excelent with a great wine list. Try the Shrimp Scampy. Yum. You can't go wrong with asnything on the menu.

Visited November 2012
Redding, California
“Service good but food terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is not a real Italian restaurant ! You could get better food from a fast food place. Pasta was lumpy and the red snapper tasted like the cook microwaved it straight from the freezer. For the money being charged one should expect "real" Italian food !!! Terrible experience !!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Delicious food; excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We drive through Redding at least twice a year, but don't know the town well. Having tired of the typical travelers' fare at restaurants near our hotel, we asked at the front desk for a good restaurant, and thus we discovered Nello's. Now dinner at Nello's is something we look forward to every time we make the long drive from Arizona to Washington. It isn't very appealing from the outside, but walking in, one enters a delightful Italian restaurant with pleasant decor, friendly, helpful staff, and delicious food. Everything is made to order, so I can have veal marsala without the mushrooms that make me sick. I usually start with a martini, because Nello's serves one of the best. We often have a glass of the house cabernet, which is always good. If I have any complaint, it is that there is just too much food, and because it's so good I have trouble saving room for the entree. It's true that Nello's is on the expensive side, but it's well worth the money.

• Visited November 2012