“Had good breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Redding, CA
“Had good breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We hadn't been here in a long time, so decided to try it again. Had a great breakfast (at dinner time) , eggs cooked just as I wanted, French toast, hash browns & the best link sausage I've had in ages. There were 2 of us & the small booths are not quite roomy enough when you both have large plates. We asked for a large booth & were seated in one, even though it was crowded.
A family style diner, but I've always had good food except for one time when the hash browns were not cooked long enough. The service was fast, even though they were very busy at 7pm on a Friday night. Will definitely go again. Much more homestyle than Denny's.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sacramento
“Downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have always eaten here on I5 trips with excellent service and tasty everything being pretty much the norm. It is always something I plan for; stopping at BBD. But today I had a real nasty experience. There was a guy carrying clean dishes out to be stacked. He had the dishes at chest level and then AHH, AHH, AHCHOO, right into the top dish. I almost walked out and should have. Then the big knife they always serve with the food was pre-used. Big swath of dried crud on both sides. Going elsewhere next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Talent OR
“Stay Away Unless You Like Food Poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

stopped there for breakfast. Ordered omlet came with raw veggies. sent it back and the next one was just as bad. then to top it off I got food poisoning and was sick all day. stay away.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chico, California
“great homestyle cooking and large portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

this chain offers the most value for the dollar of any I know. they consistently serve up food that reminds most of us of home. the portions are monster sized and the preparation is excellent. it can compete with any restaurant in this segment. breakfast is our favorite. two adults could easily split most of the entrees.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Rude server”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Came in and waited for the server to get done talking to someone else, taken to table, where the menu was dropped in front of me, I was rudely asked what I wanted. Soup ( not good ) and Chinese chicken salad (I should have known better .). I won't be coming back here again.