“Best Chinese food in redding” 5 of 5 stars

(530) 246-9522
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 265 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: Chinese
“Best Chinese food in redding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

A family favorite, they know my son in laws choice when he walks in, war won ton soup is a complete meal. Good service, Mai is our favorite. Sliced oranges after the meal is a nice touch. Good food at reasonable prices.

Visited January 2014

aloha
“greasy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My chow mein was greasy. It was smothered in oil. Tasteless. Few vegetables even though it was supposed to be vegetarian. My friend had a beef dish
which she liked. The service was abrupt and hurried even though it was
Sunday and not busy. They talked at you rather than to you. A place distinctly lacking charm, ambience.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arcata, California
“Always delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have been to New China many times and the food and service is always consistently good. The menu has many selections at fairly reasonable prices. The veggies are fresh and although each dish is delicious, we definitely have our favorites - Mongolian Beef, Beef & Broccoli, Moo Shoo Beef/Pork, Wonton Soup, Chicken & Veggies, Shrimp Chow Mein, etc.

New China is located on Hwy 299 (Eureka Way) in a small strip mall. There is ample parking. The service is very good. They also have takeout.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Tasty.. Yummy.. Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family and I went for dinner at the New China Restaurant, Redding end of August. Honestly, from the outside, the restaurant look very ordinary but to my surprise the food taste great! They have quite a good selection of Chinese cuisine at reasonable prices. I must say the staff were very courteous and friendly. The restaurant is located at the shopping center, therefore no parking problem. I highly recommend this Chinese restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Escondido, California
“Fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived at this restaurant at approximately 8:30 p.m. on Saturday night. There were plenty of spaces to park in the shopping center's parking lot. When we walked inside the restaurant, there were five tables still occupied at this time of night. (New China closes at 9:30 p.m.) We were promptly seated, and our order was taken in a timely manner by very friendly and courteous staff. Our order was prepared in about eight minutes. The portions served to us were huge. The taste of the food was nothing short of delicious. To be clear, and I am a very picky Chinese food connoisseur, this was one of the best Chinese restaurants I have ever been to in my travels across America. By the way, I used the restaurant's bathroom before I left, and it was clean. If they keep the bathroom clean, odds are that they keep the kitchen clean also. Anyway, when we were done eating, we had enough food left over for lunch the next day. Unfortunately, since my girlfriend and I were on a roadtrip, we had to leave the leftover food since we had nothing to keep it in to be able to safely eat the food the next day. At the end of our meal, when the check was brought to our table, we were pleasantly surprised that the bill only came to a little over $20.00 for two people (we only had water to drink). The waitress even gave us complimentary fresh sliced oranges and two fortune cookies when she delivered the check to us. It was such a pleasant experience that I made the effort to contact TripAdvisor to add this restaurant to the list of restaurants to critique so that I could write the first review on New China in Redding, California. When in the area, I will definitely be back. And without hesitation, I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant if you like Chinese food.

• Visited June 2013