“Family Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Redding
california
“Family Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were driving from Nor Cal to Oregon. TownePlace was easy to find and just off the I-5. It turned out to be a very good choice because it was in close proximity to the freeway, great for kids, fairly new property or in very good condition. Yeah! we did not hear any freeway noise from our room. Overall the entire hotel was very clean. Even though the rooms was an average sized, and a bit reminiscent of a college dorm, it was very efficient. The kitchenette was stocked with plates and pots and pans which made it easy for us to opt in for cooking in our room. A big win was that The Grocery Outlet was in walking distance of the hotel. The pool was a bit small and overcrowded but in 80+ degrees it works just fine. Small but functional workout room. The breakfast was very basic but nice to have the option. The hospitality at the hotel was just fine. See you next year when we road trip again!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room in the back of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hello dempseybos,
Thank you for your kind and detailed review of the TPS Redding. I was pleased to read you found the hotel quiet and in close proximity to the grocery outlet. We look forward to your return next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chandler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I made a reservation on June 21st 2014 for a weekend stay. My family reserved the 2 room suite with King beds, as this was to be a special occasion for us. I received an email the day prior telling me my room wasn't available and that I was booked in another hotel with two joining standard rooms! I called the other hotel and found each room had double beds and was going to cost me more!!!! I would not recommend this hotel as reservations don't mean a room is waiting for you..... I'll stick with Hilton's from now on.

Stayed July 2014
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Jamboree,

I apologize for the frustration you experienced. I was happy to hear that my staff was able to get you into our hotel so you didn't have to go elsewhere. Our commitment is never finished.
Central Point, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We held our family reunion over 4th of July weekend. The hotel and most importantly the hotel staff made it great for us. Very accommodating for our large "crazy" group. Were able to get 90% of us on the same floor. Good breakfast. Did I mention the staff? They were amazing. Thank you we will be back!

Room Tip: many options so ask questions!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hello DavidJessicaH,

I'm so happy you were able to have a great family reunion. I heard from the staff that they enjoyed your group as much as you enjoyed them. Your satisfaction is what we are all working for! We look forward to your next family reunion!
Pleasant View, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Nice Quite rooms, comfortable beds, free breakfast and friendly staff.
I did not use any of the other ammonites but my stay was nice.
I have stayed at other Towneplace suites that served dinner but this one did not.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello Tony1811,

Thank you for your kind review. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent stay. Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites Redding.
Sunnyvale, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Pretty new hotel, with Marriott points, and friendly staff. A few quirks, make this less than perfect but the pluses outweigh the minutes for sure. Fairly quiet location, convenient to restaurants and shopping. Rooms are pretty nice sized and a full refrigerator with freezer is a very convenient feature. A quirk in our room was that the closet was accessed from going inside the bathroom. Yeah, that's right. Strange. But, not so strange that we didn't like our stay. Breakfast had some pretty decent selections with good strong coffee being one of them. Breads and pastries were pretty poor, oatmeal was horrible looking, and the standard waffles and cereals were about average for most places. But since it was included in the price of the room, it sure helps those on a budget. Rooms seemed to have thin walls but the guests when we stayed seemed considerate of others so notice was minimal. When we first checked in our room keys didn't work so I had to traipse back down to the lobby to get rekeying but the clerk was apologetic and fast. I'd stay here again, mindful of the pluses and minuses. If you can't find anything else in Redding in this price, you should consider this place.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello ECL,

Thank you for your full review of our property. I was pleased to read your comments regarding the staff and have shared your review with my entire team. Your feedback is very valuable and appreciated.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We spent 1 night at the TownePlace Suites in Redding, to go to Lassen Volcanic National Park, and we were very happy with the stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was plenty big enough. The pool was clean, and a pretty good size. We will stay here again when in Redding.

• Stayed June 2014
Hello JRWalker,
Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites Redding and taking the time to write a review. I was happy to read that you found the staff "helpful and friendly." We are proud of our large suites with full kitchens and we're happy you had a "Great Stay!"
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Spent one night here on a business trip. The room was clean and good sized. Everything worked perfectly. Staff were friendly and helpful. Decent location. My only criticism was that the breakfast (although I did appreciate it being complementary) wasn't as complete as other Marriott's I've stayed at. Overall it provided good value and I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hello LiveNSF,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please be assured that Marriott is rolling out a new breakfast for the TownePlace Suites Brand later this year. I'm pleased you found the room clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.

Been to TownePlace Suites Redding? Share your experiences!