“enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Redding

You added Travelodge Redding to your Saves list
Travelodge Redding
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   540 N Market, I-5 & Market St / Lake Blvd, Redding, CA 96003-3610   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Redding
Dallas, TX
“enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

Me and my husband were on a road trip from San Francisco to Oregon coast and chose this hotel for our overnight stay because of so many good reviews. We were not disapointed! The place was simple, but quiet and clean, beds were comfortable and we had a good night rest. The complimentary breakfast in the next door cafe was tasty and filling - they make really delicious pancakes. I would definately recomend this place for my friends and other travellers.

• Liked — the service, ceanness and price
  • Disliked — location: difficult to find from highway 5
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Papillion, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

It's obvious from the time you drive in the entrance that someone at this motel really likes what they're doing. The grounds inside and out were clean and well maintained. Every employee we dealt with was courteous and ready to ensure we were comfortable while away from home. The room was great, we loved the pool, and even the included breakfast was adequate. If the management reads these reviews -- THANK YOU for taking some pride in your work! It shows.

• Liked — Clean, neat, well maintained appearance!
  • Disliked — Honestly, far exceeded my expectations in every way.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
petaluma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

What a great place to stay! We stayed at the Redding Travelodge this past weekend. We were in town for a wedding and had reserved several rooms. The staff was most gracious with all the calls we made to add rooms, cancel rooms, etc. We arrived in 100+ temp weather, our room was ready and very cool. Our room was very spacious, clean and updated. We had a fridge and microwave. The pool was clean and very nice, we spent alot of time there. The only drawback is that the beds
are not comfortable, they are hard. The location is good, not alot of
places to walk to but easy to drive. One recommendation, go see the Sundial Bridge at night! I will be staying at this hotel again this summer as it is a treat to find a nice, clean hotel that the average family can afford. Thank you Redding Travelodge for making our stay very enjoyable and your prices affordable!

• Liked — Clean rooms, great value.
  • Disliked — Hard Beds
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

Like others on the site, I read the reviews and booked based on that. I agree with all the rave reviews - excellent service in a very comfortable motel. We had just come from hiking in Mt. Shasta and were exhausted. We were greeted with efficient and friendly front desk staff and proceeded to make use of the pool and the hot tub. In our short stay we recharged and left stunned at how this was possible for $82.

• Liked — Pool and whirpool
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

I've never written a review before but felt I must because it was the reviews that I read online that led my wife and I to choose this accomodation. We stayed here for 4 nights June 19-22 2007. I booked the room 4 months in advance via their toll free number and talked with Kevin who was very friendly and helpful. I called the motel as we were leaving our previous stop and was told the room was empty and we could check in early. When we arrived it must have been 95 degrees out. The air conditioning was already on and the room was immaculate and fresh smelling unlike some rooms that smell stale or musty. It was very spacious and well laid out. Large counter off the bathroom with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a rather large TV. Just very impressed with the cleaness. You can tell this place is well maintained throughout. The pool had plenty of chaise lounges and chairs as well as a table and umbrella. The two very large Palm Trees were an awesome complement to the pool area and added some nice shade. The cleaning staff was pleasant and eager to please as well. Just an all round relaxing and enjoyable experience. Recommend to anyone. We will be back next year.
Rob & Linda Vogt

• Liked — Extremely helpful staff and the building had character.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
Diamond Bar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

Stayed one night based on TripAdvisor reviews. I consider this an excellent two star property. I've never stayed in Redding so I can't compare it to other motels in the area. I'd recommend this motel for a one night stop for those on a budget, but I wouldn't stay here more than one night. The room and bathroom were small but very clean. The beds were uncomfortable. Few dining establishments within walking distance. We ate at the Italian restaurant down the street. The food was excellent.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

I'm sorry I've taken so long to write this review. I've never written a review on anything, but have intended to write this one since we stayed at this hotel/motel in February because our experience was so pleasant. We stayed 6 nights, so had lots of time to interact with the staff. In fact, we probably weren't the easiest of customers! My sister and I each called many times before arriving, wanting to have just the right room (she wanted the quietest, I wanted the sunniest, she wanted the top floor, etc.). In spite of our weariness, the staff was totally gracious, especially Jamie, the managers' daughter, who we seemed to reach most often. I didn't think to mention that we'd arrive after 11pm. When we arrived and found the office/lobby closed, we called through the speaker on the window of the lobby, and the assistant manager (Kevin) was as pleasant with us as could be when he had to come down to meet us. Then, once we were there, we had questions about where things were, wanted recommendations on where to eat the freshest, healthiest food, and on and on. They were happy to help us with all of it, giving us maps, marking where their favorites were, etc. Steve, the manager, helped us when my daughter's laptop wasn't getting good reception. And when my 11-year-old son, who was back in Ohio, got very sick (temperature over 105º), Steve did what he could to help me as I tried to make plans to get home, and even said he wouldn't charge us for the night/s that we would miss of our reservation if I did choose to cut our trip short. I can't say enough to praise Steve, Brenda (managers), Kevin (asst. manager), and Jamie for their service to us. Besides that the place was pleasant and clean, very clean. We liked the bathroom set-up that separated the toilet and shower from the sink. That helped four ladies get ready in the morning! The size of the room was normal, not especially large, but not smaller than most. However, we saw the room next to us when it was being cleaned and it was HUGE!!! I think it was the one with the kitchenette. We were shocked at the size of that room. Included in our room rate (which was a good rate), was breakfast at a cute little diner which was next door. We were very content with it. Not gourmet food, but great diner prices, and a pleasant diner breakfast. The only negative I found was the exercise equipment. It wasn't the newest. If you are looking for a real workout, this probably wouldn't be the place unless the owners have replaced some of the equipment. My younger daughter enjoyed the spa, though.;)

• Liked — Great Staff, pleasant room
  • Disliked — exercise equipment
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RTL, Operations Manager at Travelodge Redding, responded to this review, September 27, 2009
Went through all our reviews on September 20th to see if we've missed anything or if things have changed since we began having reviews show up on Tripadvisor.
This review remined me of our effort to improve of work-out room and upgrade the inventory of our exerise equipment.
We have done that and made many improvements to the room itself also. We've placed better more quaility pieces in the room. added A blood pressure unit and monitors on many of the equipment. Also we place a refrigerated water founntain in the room. The comments have been very positive..

Been to Travelodge Redding? Share your experiences!