“What a pleasant surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Phone number (530) 241-3663
Alexandria, VA
“What a pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Based on a prior recommendation on TripAdvisor, my wife and I went to the Moonstone Bistro on a week night. Despite being crowded, we were able to get a table promptly in an attractive setting. The prompt seating was followed by prompt, friendly, efficient, and effective service matched with excellent food. My wife had the highly recommended fish tacos, and she raved about them. Do yourself a favor and go to the Moonstone Bistro as soon as you are able.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Southern Oregon
“A Delightful Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I went to dinner here with our son and daughter in law while we were visiting Redding. Each of us has diet limitations and preferences that make it a challenge to suit everyone's needs. But this restaurant has a wonderful menu with entree options that pleased everyone. My husband and I both thought the food had too much garlic. Everyone agreed the food was well prepared and artfully served. The wait staff was helpful and accommodating. We will definitely go back the next time we visit Redding.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Redding, California
“Best Burger Anywhere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food is a little pricey, but worth it! I have eaten cheeseburgers at a lot of different restaurants, and the Moonstone Bistro cheeseburger was by far the best I've ever had. Incredible flavor!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Redding, CA
“Big Attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Thanks for ruining my 85 year old mother’s, Mother’s Day. I made a reservation for 3 at Moonstone at 6:15 to celebrate an early Mother’s Day. When we arrived we were directed to a small table next to the kitchen. It was small and crammed next to a large group celebrating a birthday. We requested a booth as there were 5 of them open. We were told they were reserved. I didn’t know as part of the reservation we also needed to request a booth. Our waitress spoke to the owner and the refused to make other accommodations for us. We watched and waited over an hour while the booths remained empty. We asked again and we were told that the people that requested the booth had canceled. Really 5 reservations canceled? The owner finally came to our table and smugly explained that the 5 booths were no shows. She made no attempt to set things right and had a rude attitude. Our waitress was very sweet and embarrassed about the whole thing. I felt sorry for her and we left the full 20% tip.
On to the food. Two of us ordered the Chicken Parm which was soggy and bland and tasteless on a bed of soggy rice with clumps of mozzarella tomato and basil on top. The other person had fillet on a bed of tasteless mashed potatoes and peas. The only thing memorable about this meal was the wine and dessert. The lemon meringue was very good.
I had high hopes for a wonderful evening out. Overall it was a huge disappointment and I wouldn’t go back again or recommend it to any one I know.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice dinner, a little pricey, but overall a fine effort (and not just for Redding!) ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

After snowshoeing early in the morning on Brokeoff Mtn 80 miles away in Lassen Natl Park, by 530 on this Saturday night we wanted a great glass of wine (and a cocktail), a creative appetizer or two, a tasty dinner of local, sustainable fare prepared by a talented kitchen, served up by an accommodating staff, and in a friendly no hurry atmosphere. We went out of our way a little bit to find Moonstone, but you won't be disappointed. We'll come back next time we come to Lassen.