“Not my fav” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese, Hunan, Szechuan, Cantonese
Redding, California
“Not my fav”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The food was good and service was good but not my favorite. It was easy to find and no waiting so that was great. Service was quick and friendly

Redding, California
“Easy to get too off Hwy. 5”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This use to be my favorite place to get won ton soup. I always send my husband there when I was sick, the soup calmed my stomach. I went there recently and it was under New Management. I ordered my food to go. It was not ready at the time I said I would pick it up. Had to wait and read the nickle paper. Not impressed and it was expensive for the price I paid. I decided to learn how to make my own won ton soup.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“If 7-11 served Chinese food...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This was perhaps the very worst Chinese food I have eaten. Lets start from the top... The fresh rolls were packed poorly and fell apart. The waiter failed to retrieve requested items such as sauce and water without reminders. The price was above average but not by much but the selections for combinations and family dinners were below average. The problem with the food was that it lacked flavor. That is with the exception of the odd
Mystery meat that was served wrapped up in a tin foil triangle. The chow mien noodles felt like spaghetti. The fried rice and the deep fried items were dried out.

To the other reviewers of this restaurant... If you thought this was good... Come to Seattle.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Maleny, Australia
“Authentic Vietnamese & Cantonese flavors in Redding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

It's not much fun when you get sick whilst travelling a long way from home. I got a flu bug and felt miserable waiting for antibiotics etc to kick in. In the meantime I needed to stay far away food laced with cheese, cream or dairy and felt like some simple, but not greasy, comfort food. I had noticed the Jade Garden Restaurant (the correct name) advertising Szechuan, Hunan, Cantonese and Vietnamese fare across from my hotel. Last night I saw they advertised Vietnamese Pho Soup, which was just what I felt like, so I tried it and was pleasantly surprised - the flavors matched my memories of the first time trying this Classic Vietnamese soup in the South of Vietnam in 1992. I got to know the lady who I think is the owner. She is Vietnamese and she tels me they is a Vietnamese cook in the kitchen and that both of them had spent many years in Hong Kong on their way to being able to migrate to America, eventually settling in Redding. Tonight I went back again and ordered Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup which matched Cantonese cooking tastes from Hong Kong exactly. Both times the size of the helpings were enormous and prevented me from eating anything else. I can't wait to try their Cantonese style Beef Chow Fun with flat rice noodles, bean sprouts, etc. It would be easy to overlook this gem of a restaurant or the very special and gentle nature of the hostess and her chef who knows how to turn out authentic genuine flavors in a very low key, humble and caring manner. The value for money is simply ridiculously good. Give it a try and very likely, like me, you'll be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, California, United States
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The food here is pretty good and the service above average for Chinese restaurants. The service is good and the food is better than most. This is where I go for takeout Chinese as well as frequently to eat lunch out. Good lunch specials and prices.

• Visited February 2013