“Terrible Internet ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 S Main Street, Red Bluff, CA 96080 (Formerly M Star Hotel)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Brit Columbia-Canada
“Terrible Internet ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The room smelled bad. The internet only worked if you stood outside your door. The grounds were definitely in need of maintainence. Overpriced for what we received, it did have a fridge which was great. The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very nice overnight stay at this hotel. We saw a great rate on the internet and the hotel matched it. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The manager was helpful when we needed to print some forms and also we were allowed an hour later check-out in the morning.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I booked this room a day in advance and was shocked by the appearance in person as to what pictures online showed! First glance looks great but as soon as you set foot into a room you can see where the maids cut corners. We checked into our king smoking suite and as we checked around (both myself and husband are previous hotel chain employees) there was dirt and grime on the counter surrounding sink, pee left in toilet for so long that there was a film over the top of it, a few dead cockroaches in the shower and the a/c was barely even able to blow cold air! I was astonished by this as the reviews on this place were all fairly decent. Of course we called the front office and they were more than happy to "upgrade" us to a different room. I didn't realize upgrade meant severe downgrade. I went from a decently furnished nice looking king suite to a crap looking queen which also had issues even though management supposedly checked the room themselves! As we entered that room we found dead crickets AROUND THE BED, dirty sheets, really bad stained carpet, very dirty walls, big gap all around the door where you can see the light of day and stick your fingers through, the a/c tried to work at first but all in all we were sweating bullets all the way into the night. Finally about midnight the room started to cool and keep that temp. Our toilet clogged and I myself went to front desk to borrow a plunger and I was told they would send somebody up right away... Yeah, an hour later and the guy didn't even have a plunger, he had a huge toilet snake, which he then trailed nasty toilet water behind him as he walked through the room with it while leaving! GROSS! I guess I shouldn't really be complaining for only paying $40/night (that's the king suite rate they still are charging me for even after this disastrous downgrade) but even so, this is just plain ridiculous. If you can avoid this place I suggest you do it.

• Stayed August 2014
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I booked this room two days in advance. It was clean and well apportioned. The hotel was revamped a few years ago. While the furniture was a little dated, it was clean. The air conditioner was struggling to cool the room, until I folded the drapes back for it to flood the room. Last week of July and it was COLD! It is not fancy, but adequate for a quick stop. We did not go for a swim, but the pool was clear and blue (as pictured). This hotel had a mexican restaurant adjacent, two chinese food restaurants nearby and a taco bell. The very large and empty river bend park was a great spot two blocks off the main road to eat our food. My daughter and I did not feel unsafe, unlike how I have felt near the river in Redding!

Room Tip: This hotel is very near the river bend park.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gridley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I met a friend here. We lived about 4 hours apart with Red Bluff being in the middle. We were meeting for some girl time, a swim in the pool and to relax. We had a hard time getting towels. The room was really gross, I was creeped out by the room and had a hard time sleeping. I'm not one that needs a 4 star hotel or anything, but holes in the wall and hair in the shower and spiders. OMG, there were spiders EVERYWHERE. Walking up the stairs I walked through webs, on the staircase alone I must have counted 15 spiders in their webs. So many quarter sized white spiders. They should paint the place black and market themselves as a haunted hotel and they could charge more money. So gross. Wish I had spend the $20 more to stay somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for the name of the nearest Hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bakersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice quiet and clean with very reasonable rates! Service awesome! I highly recommend ! I plan to visit again soon! Food and shopping close by !!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Suren P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
We appreciate your positive comments. We strive to make our guest feel as comfortable as possible. Thank you for take time out of your busy schedule to give us a great review. Hope to see you soon again. We now have a salt water pool, hope that you will come back to enjoy the pool.
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The room was spacious for an inexpensive motel and very clean. As others have said, the room had a refrigerator and microwave, but no coffee maker. The motel is within walking distance of the riverfront park, restaurants, and the historic downtown area.

There were some odd things wrong, however. The sink had no cold water - VERY hot water came out of both faucets. There was no way to close the bathroom sink drain, nor was there a screen over the drain. The do-not-disturb tag was dirty and sticky.

The WiFi was really good though - fast and reliable, better than places that I've been that were 3 times the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to giving us feed back. We were glad that you chose us for your accommodation needs in Red Bluff. We look forward to see you in the near future.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff? Share your experiences!