“Excellant!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Fresno, California
“Excellant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

Friendly service, good, tasty breakfast choices, clean room. This is a wonderful little hotel. No complaints at all as everything was perfect.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — I liked everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

Wonderful stay! I loved the Hampton breakfast and the overall lobby. The train was a little annoying, but you can't blame the hotel for that :)
The beds were so comfortable! I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow. Nice high ceilings too.
I had a bit of trouble with the door slamming, but I called the manager and they sent up someone right away to fix it :)

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing really :)
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

We absolutely love this hotel. We have family in Red Bluff and this is the only place to stay as far as we're concerned. We always stay on the third floor and have never had an issue with noise. Yes, there are those rude travelers who don't care if their doors slam shut or if their kids run and scream down the halls but that has nothing to do with the hotel itself. This time my ten year old daughter made friends with the girl in charge of doing breakfast. She let my daughter choose the breakfast that was served every day we were there (6 days total). She thought that was great. Everyone is friendly. The rooms are nice. This Hampton Inn is much better than most. Would definately recommend.

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — We loved everything, as always.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

Near the front desk is a huge beautiful wooden carved panel with cowboy figures. Also around the breakfast area are some smaller wooden panels. I find it always very nice if a hotel has a local touch. At the front desk was a friendly girl and check-in went smooth. We were given an upgrade to a King studio because of our Diamond HHonors status.

The room was great, at the entrance is a wet bar with sink, coffee/tea facilities, microwave and refrigerator. Further we had a sofa with table, an easy chair and a table with two chairs (very appreciated, don’t know why most rooms have only one (bureau) chair!) a good quality King bed and a sort of small walk-in closet with sink. The bathroom was very clean. Our room was on the back and our window looked over a green area with on a far distance the highway.

In the afternoon it was great to be at the pool. There were sun beds, table, chairs and (new) parasols. There is no business center, but there is one computer with printer available in the lobby. On a desk you can also find coffee/tea all day.

The best way to drive to the supermarket is to enter the highway again and use the next exit, there is a Foodmaxx. The employee at the front desk was very assist full with giving directions.

The next morning the breakfast was okay, all the Hampton items, such as fruit salad, yoghurts, bagels etc and two hot items.

During our stay we never heard any noise (and we are light sleepers). Although we were somewhat worried in advance by reading other reviews, we never encountered any problem and were very happy with our stay. We can surely recommend this hotel (and with over 50 hotel stays each year we are experienced travelers).

• Liked — The nice suite and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Canuck in Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

We recently stayed at this hotel on our return from Disneyland. We arrived late and very tired. As I was unloading our car, I was deafened by the roar of a train. When we discovered our room was on the same side as the tracks we asked to move and our request was immediately granted. I don't think anyone heard the train again. The cons: walls seemed to be on the thin side, doors closed very loudly unless extreme efforts were taken, train could be a problem. Pros: room was very clean, beds and linens were fantastic, breakfast included. I would stay at Hampton again, but prob. another location.

Stayed April 2008
Sacramento CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

I stay at this hotel for several nights almost every month. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the greater Redding area. Customer service has been exceptional. Before construction began a few years ago, I overheard the general manager interview a prospective employee, and I was impressed with his comments that stressed customer satisfaction over all else. So I made a point of booking a room shortly after they opened.
In addition to the incredible customer service, month after month, year after year, I find the beds to be very comfortable, the rooms are very clean, and everything always works as it should. There is a small workout room; I like the proximity of the hotel to the huge family fitness center at the other end of town. I also like the proximity to the drive-through coffee place across the street. I read another review that criticized the noise from the train tracks. I am a very light sleeper and while I have heard some noise occasionally, I did not find it prohibitive. I would not continue to stay at this hotel regularly if the train noise was a serious issue for me.

• Liked — best customer service
  • Disliked — no onsite restaurant
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
northern CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

a fine place to say with the notable exception of the train crossing right out the front door.

I travel all throughout CA for work. This was hands down the loudest hotel i have stayed at in recent years. Plenty of places have trains rumble by in the night. In Red Bluff however, you get to hear the train crossing gates come down (ding ding ding), the train horn (woohooo woohoo), and the rumbling of the train itself..

as best i can tell there is a:
12:30am train
1:30am train
2:30am train

it is across the street and earplugs can only do so much.

Stayed November 2007

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff? Share your experiences!