“Nice stay at Morgan Run” 4 of 5 stars

Morgan Run Club & Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5690 Cancha de Golf, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rancho Santa Fe
Palm Springs, California
“Nice stay at Morgan Run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel staff was very nice. Only issue I had was my room was not cleaned on one occassion. Not sure what happened but by six in the evening when I returned to my room and found an uncleaned room I called the front desk and did what they could (clean towels, etc.) until the cleaning staff returned the next morning.
It is really a golf resort but I chose it because it is so close to my family.
Beautiful grounds. Building 2 facing the golf course is best!
NO ELEVATORS if you get a room on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Building 2, facing golf course.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
luis i, General Manager at Morgan Run Club & Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Morgan Run Club + Resort. We are sorry you had an issue with housekeeping one evening. Please know we meet regularly to ensure this rarely/never happens. In the future, please contact me directly if the issue arises again. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Golf course & restaurant were phenomenal!!

Although all three of the nine holes courses were short (3,100-3,400 yds from the back tees), the holes were generally well bunkered with strategically placed palm trees throughout to provide adequate challenge, even for better players. The overall condition of the golf course was excellent, but the star of the weekend was the greens....easily the best I've putted on in a LONG time. My buddy & I are both low single-digit handicaps, and we both felt the speed (we estimated about a 12), smoothness, and consistency of the greens were all top-notch.

The new menu at the restaurant was relatively small, which is expected at a country club-resort facility, but everything we ate was outstanding. I hope the local membership is pleased with the quality of the food offerings, because I'd hate to see any changes lead to a reduction in quality the next time we visit.

The only thing preventing me from rating this trip with 5-stars was the room. Although it was clean and comfortable, our room definitely could have used some upgrading. Perhaps a coat of paint, updated furniture, an in-room refrigerator, and a more modern HVAC system would do the trick. Still, with as much time as we spent on the golf course and in the restaurant, the room was a minor concern at worst.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
luis i, General Manager at Morgan Run Club & Resort, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Morgan Run Club + Resort. We are glad you had a good experience and got to enjoy the amentities we offer. We will be investing some capital towards our rooms this upcoming year so we are excited for that. Please come stay with us again and do not hesitate to let us know if you need anything or have more feedback. You can email me at luis.ibarra@ourclub.com.
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I expected more from this resort, especially based on location and reputation. My room was old, with scuffed furniture, old lighting, average bed, average bath..just an overall disappointment. I would not stay here again unless I was told they remodeled but based on the room I had (bottom floor which also was bad), I wouldn't give this more than a 2 star rating--maybe 3 if I was feeling more generous, which I'm not.

Room Tip: Ask to not be on the ground level
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
luis i, General Manager at Morgan Run Club & Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize your experience with your room was not as expected. Please know we are investing capital into the rooms in the next year. I hope you decide to come back and stay with us again when you visit the San Diego area. Please email me at luis.ibarra@ourclub.com if you want to discuss anything further.
Thanks again.

Travelers are raving about these Rancho Santa Fe hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

A great club that really takes care of you especially if you like golfing, nice weather, and a remodeled spa. The new renovation of the bar and restaurant is excellent. Can't think of a better place to stay while in southern california so close to the 5.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Morgan Run Club + Resort. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay and experienced our 27-hole championship golf course. Please come back again when you travel to the San Diego area. Thanks again!
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last year and am very satisfied.The clubhouse and rooms have been completely upgraded. The bed was very comfortable and the room was big, had nice furnishings and was laid out nicely. The bar and restaurant were awesome with live music and an outdoor patio with Firepits. For $100 a night you can't beat it. One thing I didn't like was they want $4.50 for a cup of coffee. I like to drink a cup in the morning and thought that was a little petty...Other than that, it's a great place and I will definitely go back again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff
I'm really glad you enjoyed our newly renovated clubhouse and lively atmosphere. Thank you for your feedback and please join us again soon. If you do stay again, please ask for me and I will get you complimentary cup of coffee.

Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have are in the Del Mar area on business several times a year. We almost always stay ate the Morgan Run. We always find it comfortable and accommodating. Great gym and very nice grounds. We find it to be the best deal in town.
We always recommend it to associates and friends. The only thing I would recommend they change is add some channels to the cable package.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I am really glad you enjoy staying at Morgan Run. Please introduce yourself next time you are here. Your feedback is valuable to us and I will take into consideration your feedback about our cable availability in the rooms.
Thanks again for choosing us!
luis.ibarra@ourclub.com
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I grew up in Northern California and finally went on a CA road trip back in May of this year (2013). I drove 8 hours from San Luis Obispo to San Diego and stayed at Morgan Run Club & Resort and was very happy with my visit. I chose Morgan Run based on an offer through American Express Travel (it was a discounted rate when I paid in advance).

I arrived at the club at about 8pm in the evening after being stuck in L.A. rush hour traffic for over 2 hours (and making a detour in Hungtington Beach), when I arrived I was booked in a first floor room with a king sized bed and I asked if there was a 2nd floor room available, the desk was very accommodating but let me know the 2nd floor room that was available had 2 queen beds and not a king (I was fine with this).

My room was Clean, Enormous, and Quiet, what more could anyone ask for?
It had a view of the golf course (see photos attached) and every staff member I met and spoke to was super friendly. The swimming pool was excellent, as well as the fitness area and club-house.

I plan on returning for another visit to the San Diego area around the New Year and am planning on staying at Morgan Run Club again (I look forward to seeing their renovations).

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor, nice view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Morgan Run. We look forward to your next visit when we can show you our completed renovations. Please let us know if there is anything you need before your next visit.
Thanks again.'
Luis Ibarra
luis.ibarra@ourclub.com

Been to Morgan Run Club & Resort? Share your experiences!