“DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS.......” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% Discount daily rate
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rancho Santa Fe
Orange Park, Florida
“DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

extraordinary resort......28 west is wonderful..........
looking forward to our next visit.....the gym facilities are great.......
great sports t v's..........and lounge area.......the membership director, I believe her name was anne foley was very helpful in explaining the various programs available
and the cost result ratio...........she made us feel right at home........

Room Tip: ask for a golf course view......
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
luis i, General Manager at Morgan Run Club & Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing Morgan Run Club + Resort. Your feedback is very important to us and I hope you decide to stay with us again and recommend our resort to your family/friends. We have a great staff and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call the resort or email me at luis.ibarra@ourclub.com. Thanks again for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
tripsd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Pat as always was outstanding when we found out that my mom had a heart valve replacement, bypass, and 5 secures. We got on the plane from Dulles Airport and Pat had a room waiting for us.Pat and staff gave us peace of mind during a very difficult time for us. . We have been coming here for the last 10 years and have always enjoyed a wonderful stay with not only hospitality but also the opportunity to play golf on a top notch golf course. With a new dinning and social facility, the club house will be an even better part of our visit. This along with the new pool, fitness center, and spa makes Morgan Run an excellent place to stay and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask Pat or the staff to provide rooms that would suit your needs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
I am glad we could accommodate you during a stressful time. Traveling cross country last minute, can be overwhelming, especially in your circumstances. Additionally, your loyalty to Morgan Run is much appreciated. We welcome any feedback you may have as a frequent guest. Next time you stay, please introduce yourself. My email is luis.ibarra@ourclub.com.
luclindy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

The property is somewhat dated, but the location and reasonable rates make it a great value if you prefer staying in north San Diego. If the property condition and service was better they could command much higher rates. With relatively little effort of addressing the cleanliness of the facility and some customer training it could be at least a 3.5 star property, but it appears that the hotel part of the property is secondary to running it as a country club for local residents. The $20 resort fee is excessive for what is offered for services that are considered standard at most hotels.

• Stayed August 2013
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your room at Morgan Run Club + Resort. In the past few years we have invested millions of dollars in capital at the property. Within the next year, we plan to invest even more towards the hotel rooms and their amenities. I hope you decide to stay with us again and enjoy our state-of-the art fitness center, pool/spa facilities, and restaurant/lounge area. Please contact me at luis.ibarra@ourclub.com for any questions/comments.
Fairfax Station, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The facility is great, and getting even better. The staff has always been the best. I travel all over the country and I always look forward to my stays at Morgan Run Resort and Spa. From the moment at check in until I leave, I am treated as if I am a member at the club.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am glad you enjoy staying at our property. Your business is very important to us and please let me know if you have any feedback moving forward. My email is luis.ibarra@ourclub.com. Thanks again for choosing Morgan Run Club + Resort and hope to see you soon.
Yuma, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My family and I stayed here on a weekend getaway and I was surprised to see how filthy the carpet was; the staircases were terribly dirty (black) and our room had a myriad of black and dirty stains. To our surprise waking up on our last morning, everyone was bit by something. My kids had bites on their faces, a few on the arms and back as well. As we were moving some items around ,we found little black ants in our bed. Upon checking out, I advised the front desk that we found ants in our room and we have several bites to prove it.
The girl at the front counter said that she would let her manager know. So, the following morning I received a voicemail from "Pat" just saying that it was Morgan Run Resort, no other information; so I called back and she said "I see you had problems with your room? I proceeded to explain to her as I did above, and she didn't know that ants bite, never heard of that before but did graciously explain to me that they do have fleas in the grass, mosquitoes and ants and all sorts of bugs and that is part of gold course living; so if you see ants, fleas, etc., that is just part of being near a golf course; most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard in my life - will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry to hear your experience with the room was not as expected. We will be investing capital this coming year to replace the carpets and improve the rooms/amenities. Also, my apologies for the bug bites. It is unfortunate it had to happen to you and your family, as I guarantee this does not happen often. Please know your feedback/business is very valuable to us and I would like to hear any thoughts/comments you may have. My email is luis.ibarra@ourclub.com.

Travelers are raving about these Rancho Santa Fe hotels

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed several times now for small conferences. Rooms are older but very clean. Construction going on for new bar area. Fitness Center is awesome. I thought the customer service was very good disagree with other post. Food was good. Relaxing outdoor spaces. Price is right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at Morgan Run and for giving us positive feedback. Please know we are investing capital this upcoming year to update the rooms. Come back and stay with us again soon and see the final renovations. Thanks again for choosing Morgan Run and we hope you see again! Luis. Luis.ibarra@ourclub.com
calhoun, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The motel rooms are 2 star, maybe 2.5 star. Cobwebs and dead insects at the end of the indoor hallways and very poor acoustics. No hot water (tepid at best) on 1 of my 3 days. Luckily I work out daily which led me to visit their fitness facility, which is very nice. I would gladly pay $5-7 to visit the fitness facility, but charging $20 for Internet, which is really the other half of the Resort Fee is exorbitant.

If you must stay here, my tips
-get a top floor room. Acoustics are bad enough, and I think you would benefit from not hearing the guy upstairs walking everywhere. Although I had to lug my gear up stairs, it was worth it.
-wifi isn't that bad, but you must relocate away from the bedroom or desk closer to the front door. Signal was much stronger, and was good enough for Skype when I moved nearby the room door.
-no way to get out that resort fee, so if you work out, I highly encourage using it. It is truly a very nice facility.
-don't count on the on site restaurant. There are plenty of good spots to eat closer to the 5 freeway, only 5 minutes or so away.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
luis i, General Manager at Morgan Run Club & Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your expectations were not met. This upcoming year, we are investing capital to improve the rooms and their amenities. Please know the resort fee is a one-time charge so that Guests can take advantage of our beautiful fitness facility, pool area, free parking, free wi-fi, and access to our Lounge without being 'nickeled and dimed'. Should you have anymore questions/comments, please contact us and ask for the General Manager or email luis.ibarra@ourclub.com.

Been to Morgan Run Club & Resort? Share your experiences!