I stayed here because it had the best rate ($84) that was closest to The Crosby.
Check in was the worst experience. They had 1 person at the front desk, no one to help with bags to check in and the hotel had a very "old" smell. Almost smelt like a retirement home. The rooms are ok. They look like that remodeled the bathrooms because it had granite counter tops, however there was burnt out bulbs and dirty toilets. The vanity did include a illy cappuccino maker and a large area with lots of mirrors to get ready. Which is nice if you have more than 1 person getting ready. The air conditioner is loud. The beds and comforter, pillows and sheets are quite comfortable. There was free cable and large desk. Which is nice for business. The patio was large and nice addition. It was great to hang out outside for a little bit. We were on the 1st floor. We had a breakfast room service and the food was really good, but room service extension didn't pick up and we had to order via front desk. When the food came, the delivery guy had to carry it on a huge tray from the cafe, which was 3 buildings away. So by the time he got to our room, he was in a rush to put the tray down and almost dropped the tray on all our stuff on the desk. I thought that was odd that they didn't deliver food on a rolling tray like most hotels. Here's the best part...THE SPA. Our room check in jacket had golf and spa specials. The spa was $125 for 50 min. massage and 50 min facial. Which is a great price! The spa was practically empty, which is a nice change from the crowded Burke Williams that I'm used to. Our reservation was last minute and they were able to accommodate 2 of us. It was by far, hands down the best massage that I've ever had. And my friend that I traveled with thought the same. The grounds (golf) is beautiful. The cafe has decent food and I want to come back with my husband, just for the spa! If you're looking for 5 star hotel amendments then this isn't the hotel for you. But if you're looking just to play some golf and go to the the spa kinda thing, then this is def. a place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An irresistible invitation to relax and unwind at a unique All-American style Private club. Escape to an island of great service and pampering in our family-inviting pool, relaxing sun bathing area, top of the line fitness center and rejuvenating day spa. Do nothing or do it all, play golf, tennis, work out or just relax. Our restaurants incredible view from our dining room includes a great selection of cuisine for the discriminating palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Morgan Run Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Run Club Hotel Rancho Santa Fe
- Morgan Run Club And Resort
- Morgan Run Hotel