The property was quite beautiful and the staff very accommodating! (except at our check in). I made reservations months prior, for two ocean view rooms, requesting the top floor, with an unobstructed view, for my husband's 65th birthday. Our check in was a little haphazard. People were all over the lobby. The champagne we received upon arrival, was quite tasty, but the delivery system was quite sloppy. Until we asked for a supervisor, (which seemed to have miffed our check in agent), we did not get the special requests that we again stated in the email the resort sends prior to your arrival.(and yes, we know there are no guarantees). We also were not advised of the resort amenities at check in, which affected my husband and son since they were playing golf at Terranea and Trump and could have used the complimentary shuttle to Trump and utillized the practice driving range at Terranea. Since they charge you a resort fee for the amenities, they should tell you what they are or at least advise you the services are listed in your card key envelope! My family was very pleased by the beauty, location, and maintenance of the golf course. Service, and the quality of our meals, in the restaurants was outstanding, but food overpriced. The food and our server, at Catalina Kitchen was superb!! Nelsons was a bit slow, but what's the hurry? You're on vacation. Sea Beans was reasonably priced for breakfast. The adult pool by the ocean did not have enough seating to accommodate the guests, so we had to put towels out early the next morning. They need a better system. We spent one afternoon at the upper pool and enjoyed the beautiful views. The pool slide was great fun, but they should also have staff at the top of the slide for safety and to make the line move more expeditiously. The room was nice and the bathroom quite plush. Our shower leaked on the bathroom floor because the seal on the door was broken, however, they fixed it immediately after receiving my call. Overall we had a wonderfully relaxing time, which was my goal, but due to the aforementioned I can't give it an excellent rating, but I will say it was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular dining venues, a world-class spa, three oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes