The service we received from the Terranea staff could not have been better. As customer service rep, Rachel, contacted me before our trip and answered all my questions and made golf reservations for us.
Check in was a breeze with the champagne, and they even upgraded us to a casita. What a beautiful room with a view of the ocean and Catalina (when not devoured by the fog). Then, because I had told Rachel we were celebrating our anniversary, we received a complimentary bottle of champagne!
We only ate at Nelsons in the garden area. It was so much fun to sit outside and listen to live music. The shrimp tacos were delicious. The food and drinks are very expensive there, but it is a resort and I have found they are always expensive.
The grounds are just gorgeous and the walking paths above the beach are wonderful. Whenever we passed a Terranea staff, they were always friendly, and offered us a ride on the cart.
A couple of things could be improved upon; we were in a casita at the far end of the resort and the only pool at that end is the spa pool. It is not open to all guests, only those using the spa. Same goes for the workout room. I think a $60 fee for resort guests to use that pool and workout room is ridiculous.
Also, housekeeping did not do a very good job. Left us no TP, coffee accessories, and the tile floors were filthy. I walked around in white socks and they were black on the bottom. Granted I walked on the porch, but it's floor was also filthy and the cushions had dirt spots all over them.
Overall, I would back here in a heart beat
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular dining venues, a world-class spa, three oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Otel, Agoda, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.