If you want to get away from the city and feel like you have really escaped, this is a great choice. Great views of the ocean and very secluded. It is the only hotel near LA that has a similar feel to the Orange County beachfront hotels like the Montage, St. Regis, and Ritz hotels in Laguna. I would rate the Montage as the best by far. Terranea is very nice, but is way overpriced at $600 for a regular room. I'll pay that much to stay at the Montage, but the Terranea is not up to that level. Sure it is a beautiful property, but the service and rooms are not true 5 star, more of a 4 star hotel. It is more on par with the St. Regis. Still a nice place, just overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular dining venues, a world-class spa, three oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes