Terranea is as beautiful as it looks in the photos, if not more so. We had a room with a view similar to what is pictured here and it was stunning. It was so convenient to enjoy the walking trails right on the property and the kids enjoyed climbing on the rocks at Terranea Cove. The pools are heated to a very warm temperature so even though the air temp was around 55, my kids enjoyed the pool and the large slide. My husband and sons had lunch at Bashi and said it was okay. We ate one dinner at Nelson's, which was similar to what you'd get at Fridays. We ate two breakfasts and one dinner at Catlina Kitchen, all delicious. The filet was phenomenal, my husband and son had the lamb and enjoyed that. The only thing I wasn't expecting was the nickel and diming - everything is quite pricey, which we expected, but some of the additional charges were not in keeping with the otherwise classy feel of the place. For example, at dinner we were offered bottled water - "a special deal, buy one bottle get one free", even after I had said no thanks. Even though I hadn't even asked about bread, the server informed us that while they no longer serve complimentary bread, we could pay $2 for a basket. And they encourage you to make s'mores by the firepit, and then offer s'mores kits for $15. Come on. Otherwise, the service was mostly excellent and the setting was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The rooms are spacious, the beds comfortable, the bathrooms luxurious, the curtains completely room darkening. All top notch. I would recommend Terranea wholeheartedly, but be prepared to pay extra for things that you might think should be included.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular dining venues, a world-class spa, three oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Venere, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Olotels, Otel, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.