“Unbelievable Service, Unbelievable Get Away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terranea Resort

You added Terranea Resort to your Saves list
Terranea Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Terranea Way, driving directions, 6610 Palos Verdes Drive South, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275   |
Special Offer
Summer 4th Night Free!
san diego
“Unbelievable Service, Unbelievable Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our trip began where we were greeted with "Welcome Back" and a glass of champagne as we stay prior to Christmas and over Easter every year. This time was a bit different as we brought Coco the Elf (Elf on a Shelf) with us. Initially he was fastened in tightly to the luggage handle. While my husband and son were away, I noticed he wasn't there. I called the Valet, Front Desk and Security. Most were not aware of the importance Elf on a Shelf has in the homes of young children (ours is 6). I shared the story and that if found please put him in a plastic bag and by all means - don't bring him to the door holding him (human touch takes away his magic powers). When my husband returned he looked in the car and found that Coco never got out - he unhooked in the trunk. Nonetheless, Rachel at the front desk was particularly sensitive to our situation and offered that a elf come to our room and read our son a story and include that their resident elf knew Coco and my son had nothing to worry about - he was on the "Nice List". It was only moments later that GIANT cookies and milk arrived at our room. The next day we came to the beautiful lobby for a reading by a resident elf, Peppermint. She began her conversation with my son (whose name she knew) that she personally knew Coco. My son was impressed. Then she allowed my son to pick out a book for her to read. Unfortunately through this time my son has been mildly sick with a persistent cough. Anna at the Catalina Kitchen has been great! She has brought him Chamomile Tea and packed up extra packs of tea for him in the evening. Everything about Anna has been service with a smile. During our stay we requested her. Interestingly as well, I asked if there was something to make hot water in our room - Next thing I knew a Keurig Tea Maker was delivered to our room. Every person has been great, but Rachel at the front desk and Anna at the Catalina Kitchen have been superb! I love this place! The Terranea is 5 stars and has set a very high bar!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Turkish first
Hawthorne, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Our stay was great. We ate Sunday brunch and it was worth the 52 bucks. The waiters were so sweet and did anything to make your meal excellent. They had a large selection of food. It was overwhelming because I wanted to try everything! We also ordered room service and the burger and pulled pork sandwich were yummy. The receptionist could have been nicer. Our sliding glass door didn't open and that kinda bummed me out. I wasn't sure if they were all locked because it was winter but I was too lazy to call and have them fix it. We had a beautiful view of their Christmas tree. Overall our stay was great and would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TerraneaGuestRel, Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear teachlove21,
We would like to thank you for your review of Terranea. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the meals you had while visiting our property. We hope you were able to try most of the brunch items that caught your eye at Catalina Kitchen! We will pass on your kind words to our front desk staff and notify maintenance of your sliding door note. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Terranea soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a beutifull resort, with great customer service. You feel like your on an island when your here, with great views from all areas of the resort. If you can afford to stay in the Villas, Bungalows, or Casitas I would definantly recommend them, they are so beutifull with fireplaces on the patios and out front of the residence. This is the nicest resort in the LA area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Decor/Rooms
The rooms were large and decorated tastefully. I loved how the bathroom was modern, clean and had a separate bathtub and shower.

The service was helpful, kind and accommodating.

Turn Down Service
Provided with pillow chocolates

View
Gorgeous view out to the ocean

Amenities
-Multiple pools
-Hiking trails
-Shops:Top of the line
-Spa

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

With business, the shows I attend are often in the top resorts in the country. This was by far my favorite resort so far. It was beautiful, but relaxed. Many resorts I go to I feel uncomfortable, like if I sit down I am going to mess it up. They have great common areas inside and out that lead to nice conversation with nice views. It has a great low-key vibe to it. You are encourage to walk on the trails and the staff was very friendly. The views are spectacular and in a few moments you can get caught up in the beauty. I am a Florida girl, so the cliffs with the Pacific are quite different from my beach landscape. The grounds were lovely. They have a walking par 3 course that was very well maintained. The room was very spacious. I really want to go back.

Room Tip: My room was a 4000 room so I did not have to get on the elevator. I had a balcony and it did overlo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TerraneaGuestRel, Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear FloridaHoneybell,
We are honored to be picked as your favorite resort! We appreciate you leaving this review and we are happy to read that you enjoyed your visit to Terranea. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Lovely resort just outside Los Angeles with sweeping views of coastline from it's perch on the Palos Verdes peninsula. Room was very spacious with a very comfortable bed, large bathroom with big tub and separate shower. Excellent pool, many walking trails and a super spa. Definitely would recommend for 2-3 night stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear travel83153,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback from your stay and we hope to welcome you back to Terranea soon.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great option for quick getaway out of LA craziness. They always have deals, especially if you go off-season. You can get a great room, beautiful ocean view, restaurants are good, if you're into golf, they got that too. In the summer they got a water-slide to keep kids occupied, but also a great trip for adults only. Not sure if I'd recommend it to out-of-towners who are only here for a short time as it is a bit far from LA proper, but if you're local or here in SoCal for an extended trip, it is highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Terranea Resort? Share your experiences!